+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 Bedroom in Downtown Ottawa

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
A 1 bedroom in Ottawa will be available for move-in on Jan 1 2020. The price is 1250 and location is downtown. My wife and I are leaving and we are willing to assign our current low cost to the new owners. This already includes last month rent. Our lease ends on April 30th, 2020.

Message me as soon as possible if you know anyone interested. This won't be available for long!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Does the landlord allow subletting? The renters should know that the rent could change once the lease is up in April 30th and they have to sign their own lease or the landlord may prefer to find a new tenant to start a new contract. All depends on their current lease and what it says about subletting and what the landlord wants. Assume OP has reached out to their landlord explaining that they are planning on leaving and are searching for subletters.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
Does the landlord allow subletting? The renters should know that the rent could change once the lease is up in April 30th and they have to sign their own lease or the landlord may prefer to find a new tenant to start a new contract. All depends on their current lease and what it says about subletting and what the landlord wants. Assume OP has reached out to their landlord explaining that they are planning on leaving and are searching for subletters.
Yep, I have already been in communication with the landlord and subletting and assignment are allowed. Subletting is only one option. The other is the assignment. It is fairly standard for rental prices to adjust as the term ends and that is fairly public per the Ontario tenancy board. The remaining information would have been stated on the forms or additional information provided as interest was received. Keep in mind this also comes with furniture (dressers, bed, culinary wear, portable AC) and last month's rent. If you do know anyone @canuck78, let me know.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yep, I have already been in communication with the landlord and subletting and assignment are allowed. Subletting is only one option. The other is the assignment. It is fairly standard for rental prices to adjust as the term ends and that is fairly public per the Ontario tenancy board. The remaining information would have been stated on the forms or additional information provided as interest was received. Keep in mind this also comes with furniture (dressers, bed, culinary wear, portable AC) and last month's rent. If you do know anyone @canuck78, let me know.
If you are subletting to a new tenant normal yearly rental increases will not apply. I would suggest asking whether a landlord is willing to start a new lease if you find someone who is interested. You may want to ask the landlord whether that would be possible and how much they would charge on a new lease.

StevieFray

Jan 26, 2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
If you are subletting to a new tenant normal yearly rental increases will not apply. I would suggest asking whether a landlord is willing to start a new lease if you find someone who is interested. You may want to ask the landlord whether that would be possible and how much they would charge on a new lease.
The interested candidate has the option of subletting or receiving the assignment. Both options are available. Once the lease ends, depending on IF the person decide to take the sublet option then yes, it COULD apply. However, if the individual decides to choose assignment, well the price will remain the same until the lease end and a new increase will apply. At this point, we have already gotten some hits (some sublet options and other willing to assign) so we'll see how it goes. Like I said, we are providing the new user with almost completely furnished (forget to mention a 50 inch smart tv too :)) unit so a lot of persons are messaging me now and a few have already visited the unit.