+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1 August 2019 General Training IELTS discussion (India)

RiyaKaur123

Aug 1, 2019
Reading &
Listening went good

The only confusion is writing essay
How many body paragraphs were compulsory to score 7 bands

Gagan22pkr

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Can you tell me one thing in reading last paragraph they asked forest coverage after european every body saying 50% but in 1st para they told newzealand forest covered 80% and later the wrote after european it was reduced to 50% so it means half of 80% that is 40% is tge correct answer
I find it very confusing too.
Actually they asked how much of the land was covered by the forest when EUROPEANS ARRIVED. not when they left.
I wrote 80%
Dun know it's correct or not

Pawar0096

Aug 1, 2019
In true false last was...for the first time side brushes will be introduced while in paragraph it was written about top brush nothing was mentioned about side brush dont you think it should be not given

Pawar0096

Aug 1, 2019
I find it very confusing too.
Actually they asked how much of the land was covered by the forest when EUROPEANS ARRIVED. not when they left.
I wrote 80%
Dun know it's correct or not
In paragraph it was written by the time of european arrive forest reduced to 50%

Parm Bhatti

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
In true false last was...for the first time side brushes will be introduced while in paragraph it was written about top brush nothing was mentioned about side brush dont you think it should be not given
No, it should be false because they hv given the info abt using it from past tym

rasvindersoodan

Aug 2, 2019
Wht were ur topic sentences n ideas?
No, I don't expect a good score, since I could not find sophisticated words. I justified the previous opinion by saying that some people think that allowing children to drive, vote and get married once they reach the age of 18 makes them more independent and self reliant. I cited Japan's increasing number of voters every year as an example.

I justified the contrary opinion by saying that others feel that 18 years is not enough for youngsters to learn driving or voting since their elders think they are still naive and may get carried away by their friends who might push them into drug abuse or alcohol.

In the concluding para, I wrote that 18 years is a good age for a youngster to learn these things, provided he or she is properly supervised under the guidance of elders (parents or guardians)

AsmaaAshry

Aug 1, 2019
What about the section which was related to some conpany report in listening.

Computer....list references
2nd one.....irrelevant details
3rd one....difficult to check for tutors
4th one....management related
5th one...
6th one....change the description of comoany
Do you remember which letters you choose in that section?