+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

1+1= 2 PG Diplomas yield HOW Much Work Permit?

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Hey Guys,

I have a confusion. If I go for continues 2 PG Diplomas of one year each, how much post study work permit will I get?

I am considering applying to GBC in Information Systems Business Analysis program bt worried since its a one yr program :(
Dont know which course I can select second time as I didnt found any other good enough course.

Second question is that, If I study for one year, followed by one year job , the again one year diploma studies. Can i apply for PR urng my 2nd diploma as I studies somewhere that for PR , one needs to study a program of lenght at least 2 yrs. :eek:

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME OUT. ( For Jan,14 intake)

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
paritosh_thanki said:
:eek: :eek:

Sure? Do u have any reliable source for it? I mean any website link or something?
I read somewhere that for PR , u need to have a course study of min. 2 yrs + 1 yr work ex. Can 2 different 1 yr courses each would be considered instead of 2 yr course required for PR? ???

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
for your 2 yr prog 3 yr work permit.......

after your 1st 1 yr program if you will work for another one year. Then only you are eligible for PR. They need your ongoing job offer and only 1 yr study in college, if you do 2nd yr then its up to you but you ust have job at the moment when you apply for PR......

IF PR is your ultimate goal then try for alberta and saskatchewan colleges....!! High chances for PR.

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
I think you have wrong information about PR. IT is not mandatory to have 2 yr education to get PR.....Job offer letter or ongoing job is MANDATORy.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
paritosh_thanki said:
I think you have wrong information about PR. IT is not mandatory to have 2 yr education to get PR.....Job offer letter or ongoing job is MANDATORy.
I may or may not b wrong. I just read it on the below mentioned link.
It also specifies the new rules for Study Permits from Jan 1, 14. Now students can work part time right from beginning :)

http://info.lawyershop.ca/archives/2013/02/13/proposed-changes-to-study-permit-applications-will-become-effective-jan-1-2014/

http://info.lawyershop.ca/archives/2009/01/28/categories-to-apply-for-permanent-residence/

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
I am not aware of new rules, I need to check...But if they are allowing you to work then chose 2 yr study safer side. This way you will gain more education + nice profile for PR....:D