+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

0631 -- which documents are required from prvious employer

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
Hi...
I am about to apply under 0631 category. However, I have only offer letter of the company where I worked as Restaurant Manager. Can anyone tell me that which all docs are required to submit. In case I cant get those docs from my previous employer is there any other alternative which will be helpful..Kindly advise.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
Hi...
I am about to apply under 0631 category. However, I have only offer letter of the company where I worked as Restaurant Manager. Can anyone tell me that which all docs are required to submit. In case I cant get those docs from my previous employer is there any other alternative which will be helpful..Kindly advise.
Hi,
First of all, find out what documents you are required to submit to CHC. to do that, just check your visa office specific document checklist. what is your local CHC? If your company is still in the business, i do not see why you can not get the documents you want. the only alternative is to write a letter explaining the reasons why you are unable to get the required documents. however, that want help you much. The best thing would be to contact your previous company ( probably a hotel or restaurant) and ask for the documents you need.

Good luck
Ice cube

bond22

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks for ur reply ice cube..
i can't get the docs because i left that company without serving notice..n so the end wasn't on a good note..my consultant is saying that i can give a self declaration that i worked in the company for this much duration..the consultant is saying that they'll provide me with the format as to what i have to write in that declaration..does this kind of declaration solves the purpose. will there be any enquiry in that organization where i worked, because there is a possbility that the management will say all lie..kindly advise..

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
Thanks for ur reply ice cube..
i can't get the docs because i left that company without serving notice..n so the end wasn't on a good note..my consultant is saying that i can give a self declaration that i worked in the company for this much duration..the consultant is saying that they'll provide me with the format as to what i have to write in that declaration..does this kind of declaration solves the purpose. will there be any enquiry in that organization where i worked, because there is a possbility that the management will say all lie..kindly advise..
Hi,
It's upto the visa officer who decides to take your declaration valid or not. There is a bit of chance that your previous employer could be contacted for your employment verification as this is what you are claming to be eligible for FSW.
The followings are the documents you need to submit for your work experience.

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
•notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation
•original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers. Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.
Letters must include all of the following information:
•the specific period of your employment with the company
•the positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
•full details of your main responsibilities and duties in each position
•your total annual salary plus benefits
•the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
•a business card of the person signing
If you have experience as a self-employed person, provide copies of:
•business/company registration documents,
•proof of business conducted with clients (invoices, bills, client references)
•balance sheets,
•income tax returns, and/or
•proof of your licence to practice (if you are a private practitioner)
If you cannot provide a reference from your current employer, provide a written explanation (i.e. employment contracts, work descriptions, performance appraisals describing job duties).

Check this link for other documents requirements. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37029.pdf
Good luck
ice cube

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
bond22 said:
thx ice cube..
u r really helping me out..i m sure u'll really clear my doubts..
Hi,
Please email NOC Canada to obtain NOC code information on your current occupation. List few of your duties and responsibilities, number of staff and so on. Do not give up buddy!

noc-cnp@hrsdc-rhdsc.gc.ca

You can also send online inquiry using this link: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/ContactUs.aspx

Good luck
Ice cube

betsy

Star Member
Jul 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 15, 2010
Doc's Request.
Jun 30, 2010
Nomination.....
none F/Docs Sent: Sep 21, 2010
AOR Received.
Sep 28, 2010
IELTS Request
done-Jun 5,2010-sent w/ F.docs
File Transfer...
July 6'10
Med's Request
Sept.13, 2011
Med's Done....
Oct.11,2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
April 4>sent April13
VISA ISSUED...
May 4,2012
LANDED..........
target date:July 2012
bond22 said:
Hi...
[hi bond22, i'm NOC 0631 too and w/ CIC agency. What they asked me to do was to have a notarized affidavit of what you cannot provide and the reason why you cannot provide it, but still the contact person & contact no. should be provided if the co. is still existing. The format I used for the Detailed JD & Notarized Affidavit were given by the CIC JD reviewer, they will answer your questions that's what you are paying them for. Hope this will somehow ease you worries.

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
My brother who is an MBA runs a restaurant of his own for the past 6 yrs. He has got 15 staff . The restaurant specializes in Veg Food and is based at a tourist spot in India. Will he be eligible for this category. But pls keep in mind he has no degree or diploma in the field.

Ice Cube

Dec 20, 2009
anupamabk said:
Hi All,
My brother who is an MBA runs a restaurant of his own for the past 6 yrs. He has got 15 staff . The restaurant specializes in Veg Food and is based at a tourist spot in India. Will he be eligible for this category. But pls keep in mind he has no degree or diploma in the field.
Hi,
Take a close look at the following quote from NOC website: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0631
NOC 0631: Restaurant and food service managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of restaurants, bars, cafeterias and other food and beverage services. They are employed in food and beverage service establishments, or they may be self-employed.
In that case, your brother's occupation fall under NOC 0631. However, Also look at NOC 0631 employment requirements,
Employment requirements (0631):
Completion of a college or other program related to hospitality or food and beverage service management is usually required.
•Several years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience, are required .
in that case, your brother's occupation DOES NOT fall into NOC 0631 as he does not have any hospitality related college (post secondary) education.
Ice Cube

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
For,FSW...,officers,are,instructed,not,to,consider,education,only,that,job,duties,match,required,duties,for,that,NOC.(my,puter,will,not,space,sorry)

anupamabk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2010
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I found this in the forum
canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/does-my-work-experience-have-to-be-related-to-my-education-in-order-to-qualify

This question already answered in FAQ section whic state.

14. Does my work experience have to be related to my education in order to be recognized?
Your work experience does not have to be related to your education, as long as you are performing or have performed the duties of the occupation for which you are claiming points.

Is this correct??