+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2023*

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hi everyone, I am kinda stuck in a weird situation. My wife and son arrived in Canada on March 12th, wife is on a work permit and my son is on a TRP. I applied for their Inland sponsorship on April 1st, and I think it is difficult that they would get their AOR before their status expires in Canada next month as IRCC has went on strike. What would be my options here? Can I apply for a visitor record for both of them? Would they be eligible? Please help me if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am kinda lost :(

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone, I am kinda stuck in a weird situation. My wife and son arrived in Canada on March 12th, wife is on a work permit and my son is on a TRP. I applied for their Inland sponsorship on April 1st, and I think it is difficult that they would get their AOR before their status expires in Canada next month as IRCC has went on strike. What would be my options here? Can I apply for a visitor record for both of them? Would they be eligible? Please help me if anyone has been in a similar situation, I am kinda lost :(
An important thing to be aware of is AOR does not replace a person's status. Each applicant must ensure their current status in Canada is still valid, including during the entire application process until they are accepted as a Permanent Resident, which is a status that will then supersede their temporary status.

What should be done is apply for an extension, which will grant them an implied status until that is either rejected or accepted.

This is explained here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=517&top=15

Quote:

How long can I stay in Canada while waiting for permanent residence?

You can stay in Canada while waiting for your permanent residence as long as you maintain legal status. Temporary resident status is valid for a specific period of time and you must ensure that your status as a temporary resident remains valid while you are in Canada. Find out more about extending your stay.

I am not well versed in the details of applying for a work permit extension, and TRP extension, so hopefully other users in this forum that went through that process or are knowledgeable will be of more help in that regard.

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
I applied for Spousal Sponsorship In-land on March 31, 2023, and on May 3rd, 2023 I received an application number starting with "F". Going by IRCC, I believe that it is AoR and I submitted Open Work Permit on 4th May 2023. Feel free to check my signature panel for the exact timeline. I hope these detail will help someone for reading the timelines.

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
any update in this page? Can you all please update us with your inland application? Medical visit? eligibility? PR confirmation?

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
Hello All

I applied for my inland spouse sponsorship on 12 April and today saw Delete option under Action column. Earlier it was just view. However, these buttons are not functional. Does that mean something ? I have not yet received my AOR.

Thank you all.

Dhara3410

May 17, 2023
I have applied inland spousal pr on April 22, 2023. Still waiting for AoR . I want to submit SOWP. Anyone here applied in April and received AOR?

Gur323

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
My wife's PR application got returned today from CPC missisauga. IMM 5669 they asked for.
Applied on 12 April and returned today. I was waiting for AOR, however got this.
Re-applied today after filling online form and signing electronically and returned back in the que.

Reactions: Gill$&@

Dhara3410

May 17, 2023
I applied for Spousal Sponsorship In-land on March 31, 2023, and on May 3rd, 2023 I received an application number starting with "F". Going by IRCC, I believe that it is AoR and I submitted Open Work Permit on 4th May 2023. Feel free to check my signature panel for the exact timeline. I hope these detail will help someone for reading the timelines.
Have you got any update on workpermit?

hoolight

May 17, 2023
?? There is only one AOR. In any case, the AOR you received and NOT the confirmation email straight after submission.
I mean I am a sponsor and got the aor, but PA didn't get one. So, we have to wait until PA gets the aor to apply for the owp? or PA can apply for owp with my aor (sponsor's aor) ?