+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2023*

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Spouse finally received the PR Card today. We had to contact IRCC again a week ago and they confirmed they had sent the photo for the card production, took exactly 1 week after that for the card to arrive.

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,
I was wondering if someone who got an AoR you can send me the format of an AoR email? I got some emails but I do not know if it is AoR or not.
I appreciate your time.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Hi,
I was wondering if someone who got an AoR you can send me the format of an AoR email? I got some emails but I do not know if it is AoR or not.
I appreciate your time.
The AOR email for our application included this very distinct paragraph:

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <date> on behalf of the following member(s):

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
The AOR email for our application included this very distinct paragraph:

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on <date> on behalf of the following member(s):
Thank you for your response.
To apply for Ohio, one required document is:
IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply.
But what's this document exactly? Have you ever seen a document from the IRCC stating your application is complete? Or they just send us the medical request if the application is complete?
I'm confused :((

randy0rtiz

Mar 22, 2022
Looking for help if anyone knows what's going in this case.

We seem to be stuck waiting on the trackers to get updated from the biometrics we gave. They still show biometrics in progress and on GCKey it shows they haven't received them. This is despite the biometrics tracker saying they are valid.

Anyone in this situation? We've called IRCC and they confirm they have the biometrics but the application doesnt seem to go anywhere for the last month or so in terms of updates.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Thank you for your response.
To apply for Ohio, one required document is:
IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply.
But what's this document exactly? Have you ever seen a document from the IRCC stating your application is complete? Or they just send us the medical request if the application is complete?
I'm confused :((
In our case the process went really fast so a few emails got skipped, with one such email being the "Approved In Principle" email/message. Instead we used the email we received to pay the Permanent Resident fee, it included a very specific phrase stating that was basically implicit my spouse had been approved. I discussed this here:

I was able to get OHIP for my spouse (temporary, valid for 1 year) using simply the email asking for the permanent residency fee to be paid, accompanied with the payment receipt of said fee (we did the application and chose to pay that fee when requested). We hadn't gotten any email with approved in principal or similar implied message, we believe it was because it moved so fast.
The lady there reached out the immigration office and they confirmed that was plenty enough to be considered as approved.
And earlier here when the email was received:
Another interesting information on the request letter header, which I will quote here:

A decision has been made on your Application for Permanent Residence, however; the Right of Permanent Residence
Fee (RPRF) on your application is outstanding. Before you can be issued the Confirmation of Permanent Residence
document, you are required to make the RPRF payment within 7 days of this letter. Information on how to pay the RPRF can
be found at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/pay.asp.

This is why I was interpreting it the way I was; it mentions that a decision has been made and in order to issue the document the fee must be paid.

sarahsbanks

Mar 1, 2023
In our case the process went really fast so a few emails got skipped, with one such email being the "Approved In Principle" email/message. Instead we used the email we received to pay the Permanent Resident fee, it included a very specific phrase stating that was basically implicit my spouse had been approved. I discussed this here:

And earlier here when the email was received:
Did you hear back from
Them again.I received same
Email

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Does anyone applied for inland spousal in April and got AOR? I originally applied in Feb and the application was returned in March and resubmitted in April.