+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2023*

h2o_o2_co2

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I was able to get OHIP for my spouse (temporary, valid for 1 year) using simply the email asking for the permanent residency fee to be paid, accompanied with the payment receipt of said fee (we did the application and chose to pay that fee when requested). We hadn't gotten any email with approved in principal or similar implied message, we believe it was because it moved so fast.
The lady there reached out the immigration office and they confirmed that was plenty enough to be considered as approved.
Nice, if you don't mind me asking, which Service Ontario did you reach out to?

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
Hello everyone,

We submitted inland application on Feb 10. and waiting for AOR, as Principal Applicant's work permit is going to expire in May 1st week.
We're too much worried because we can't apply for OWP till we receive AOR and on IRCC site it mentioned that apply before 1 month of your work permit expires so. PA is working full time at the moment.

Does anyone has any suggestions apart from waiting for AOR and then apply for OWP? Can we consult any immigration lawyer (assuming worst case scenario, sorry I might sound weird here but day by day we're becoming more and more tense)

Hopefully it goes well

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Hello everyone,

We submitted inland application on Feb 10. and waiting for AOR, as Principal Applicant's work permit is going to expire in May 1st week.
We're too much worried because we can't apply for OWP till we receive AOR and on IRCC site it mentioned that apply before 1 month of your work permit expires so. PA is working full time at the moment.

Does anyone has any suggestions apart from waiting for AOR and then apply for OWP? Can we consult any immigration lawyer (assuming worst case scenario, sorry I might sound weird here but day by day we're becoming more and more tense)

Hopefully it goes well
Same situation here, we applied on 6th February , we only received Temporary file number still waiting, PA's work permit expires in May.. I'm hoping we get the AOR soon.

Alejandra2019

Mar 3, 2023
Hi ! below are the steps we have completed up to date, but we haven't received the medical instructions letter yet, Any idea/reason why they haven't sent it yet? Anyone with a similar experience? Thank you!!

Applied online: Dec 5th, 2022.
AOR: Feb 7th, 2023.
Biometric requested: Feb 9th, 2023
Sponsorship approval: Feb 10th, 2023

Alejandra2019

Mar 3, 2023
Hi ! below are the steps we have completed up to date, but we haven't received the medical instructions letter yet, Any idea/reason why they haven't sent it yet? Anyone with a similar experience? Thank you!!

Applied online: Dec 5th, 2022.
AOR: Feb 7th, 2023.
Biometric requested: Feb 9th, 2023
Sponsorship approval: Feb 10th, 2023

Kichhakrish

May 2, 2022
Did anyone apply for inland spousal in February and got AOR. I applied on the 6th of feb and received Temporary file number on the 20th of Feb. Still no AOR
I applied on Feb4 and received temporary number on Feb 20 . No AOR yet.

Inlandsponser

Jan 31, 2023
Anyone received AOR who applied around January 30th?
Timeline
Applied- jan 30th (Inland)
AOR 1- Feb 20th
Final AOR- waiting

Please respond. Thankyou.

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hello everyone,

Hopefully it goes well
You can't do anything except wait. FYI: I read an article that govt is going to extend the work permits etc, and they will announce this soon. I am not sure how credible is that. Good luck!

Secondly, right now, Jan AORs are going on. Feb will start this month, soon you will get it, don't worry.

Clairec

Feb 15, 2023
Applied Jan 22 2023
AOR February 20 2023
Linked to PR tracker
Medical exam (not needed as I’m inland) complete February 16 2023
Biometrics (previously completed) February 16 2023
Based off tracker eligibility completed February 28 2023 (never saw it in progress, it just changed from not started to completed on March 2nd)
Pre arrival services letter March 1

Still waiting for background to update. No idea where the application stands at present because most of it has been automatic updates. Hoping that the process is quick because the stress of this is going to give me an ulcer!!

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife and daughter (inland). We submitted for the PR 2 days ago on 06/03/2023. What is the next step? should we do something or just waiting for the AoR?
And an important question: how we can have a proof of application. I need it for my work. We only received an email, with no name/no personal information. Is there any way to print the submission from the website?

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
The AOR comes to the sponsor’s email, the rest will come to the PA’a (medical request, etc).
Hi,
But when they ask about the sponsor's email? We put the email of PA and we got the first confirmation email (right after the submission) in the PA's email address. I cannot remember we put the sponsor's email somewhere in the forms!

gholam_1084

Star Member
Jun 20, 2016
I was able to get OHIP for my spouse (temporary, valid for 1 year) using simply the email asking for the permanent residency fee to be paid, accompanied with the payment receipt of said fee (we did the application and chose to pay that fee when requested). We hadn't gotten any email with approved in principal or similar implied message, we believe it was because it moved so fast.
The lady there reached out the immigration office and they confirmed that was plenty enough to be considered as approved.
Thank you for this message. Can I ask you if you had the AoR when you applied for OHIP? I've just submitted mt wife/daughther application, and I was wondering if I can apply for the OHIP for them! Can I ask you where did you apply for their OHIP (which city/with service). Thank you

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
You can't do anything except wait. FYI: I read an article that govt is going to extend the work permits etc, and they will announce this soon. I am not sure how credible is that. Good luck!

Secondly, right now, Jan AORs are going on. Feb will start this month, soon you will get it, don't worry.
Thank you so much for your response.
Yes, I read that article about PGWP extension possibility.

Reactions: Picxie