+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2023*

ashishpalsingh91

Apr 19, 2019
Hi All, I applied for my partner’s inland spousal sponsorship in December 2022 and have a got a confirmation email that the application has been accepted. We are still waiting for AOR though. Can someone advice if she can travel to India for a short duration meanwhile the application is being processed.

sdb174

Aug 9, 2022
From Malaysia, Now in Ontario (applied Inland)
Category........
FAM
Hi All, I applied for my partner’s inland spousal sponsorship in December 2022 and have a got a confirmation email that the application has been accepted. We are still waiting for AOR though. Can someone advice if she can travel to India for a short duration meanwhile the application is being processed.
https://thewayimmigration.ca/immigration-tips/can-i-leave-canada-after-applying-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship

Follow the link above for advice. Long story short, your partner should not leave the country.

ashunayyar

Aug 22, 2019
Hi there I am going to apply my file in february. I want to ask a question. I got my medical done in 2017. Can I use it to upload under the temporary medical policy or I shouldnt upload it ?

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
PR Card photo rejected because of facial size too small/big and profile(?), uploaded a different one which was the one used with the application in the first place.

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi there I am going to apply my file in february. I want to ask a question. I got my medical done in 2017. Can I use it to upload under the temporary medical policy or I shouldnt upload it ?
Yes, you can use it. Under the policy, you can use your medical which was done within the last 5 years. Send a webform with the details, if you have already submitted them. If not submitted, add it to the application with a letter of explanation that you want to utilize the Temporary public policy.

I have sent a webform for my application. Let's see how it goes.

ashunayyar

Aug 22, 2019
Hi everyone. I am going to apply common law sponsorship. I consulted with immigration consultant and he is saying common law file usually takes 12 months and marriage file would take 6 months. Did anyone apply common law and can help me with this ?

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hi everyone. I am going to apply common law sponsorship. I consulted with immigration consultant and he is saying common law file usually takes 12 months and marriage file would take 6 months. Did anyone apply common law and can help me with this ?
They both come under the same category technically. The only difference I can think of is that with marriage there is a marriage certificate and pictures etc, easier verification comparatively. CLP needs more proof, like common address, outings, etc. Therefore, I think due to the submission of more pieces of evidence, more verification time is needed. That may be the reason behind your consultant's thinking.

This is my personal opinion.

Reactions: ashunayyar

randy0rtiz

Mar 22, 2022
how long do biometrics take? we got the email to get them done and got them done the next day. it's been over 12 days since they were registered on the tracker but the biometrics status still shows "In Progress".

Cansin01

Jan 16, 2019
Has anyone applied for inland spousal sponsorship with kids on visitor visa? Are they eligible to get OHIP once AOR is received?

michaela77

Jan 26, 2023
Has anyone applied for inland spousal sponsorship with kids on visitor visa? Are they eligible to get OHIP once AOR is received?
Currently applying for inland spousal sponsorship on visitor visa, and we have went to Service Canada to ask about OHIP eligibility. The AOR doesn't count- they need COPR or equivalent document confirming that your PR has already been approved, and you are only waiting for the physical card to be issued.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
I was able to get OHIP for my spouse (temporary, valid for 1 year) using simply the email asking for the permanent residency fee to be paid, accompanied with the payment receipt of said fee (we did the application and chose to pay that fee when requested). We hadn't gotten any email with approved in principal or similar implied message, we believe it was because it moved so fast.
The lady there reached out the immigration office and they confirmed that was plenty enough to be considered as approved.

mvk88

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Did anyone apply for inland spousal in February and got AOR. I applied on the 6th of feb and received Temporary file number on the 20th of Feb. Still no AOR