+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

shwasti1995

May 19, 2015
Hi, my wife took her picture from shoppers but they gave her the hard copy and not the soft copy. When I scan the hard copy, it obviously comes up small compared to the whole background. do people scan the hard copy or they only upload soft copy?

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Hi, my wife took her picture from shoppers but they gave her the hard copy and not the soft copy. When I scan the hard copy, it obviously comes up small compared to the whole background. do people scan the hard copy or they only upload soft copy?
If you are uploading for the online portal landing you need a digital copy. Ask for a digital copy for your PR

I got hard copies too but I had to go back for digital copies which I used for my PR card I hope this helps!

gsingh2022

Oct 27, 2022
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Even I didn't get a digital copy from Shoppers so I scanned the physical copy myself to upload it for the PR application. I scanned it by keeping it on a piece of paper.

Reactions: gspkho and wuuhoo

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Another interesting information on the request letter header, which I will quote here:

A decision has been made on your Application for Permanent Residence, however; the Right of Permanent Residence
Fee (RPRF) on your application is outstanding. Before you can be issued the Confirmation of Permanent Residence
document, you are required to make the RPRF payment within 7 days of this letter. Information on how to pay the RPRF can

This is why I was interpreting it the way I was; it mentions that a decision has been made and in order to issue the document the fee must be paid.
Was able to sign up my spouse for a OHIP card yesterday using the above letter.

The rationale was that some applicants aren't even receiving sponsor/applicant approval emails, and they just go straight to PR portal invitation. In this letter we received it was implied that my spouse had been accepted, which technically fulfills the following OHIP documentation requirement:

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) letter (IRCC used to be called Citizenship and Immigration Canada, or CIC). The letter must:

be on IRCC letterhead, addressed to you as applicant
state IRCC has confirmed you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada and you have not yet been denied

We decided to give it a try so we went to the Service Ontario and the lady there checked with immigration and they agreed this document was enough to meet that requirement.

Currently that requirement allows Permanent Immigrant applicants to apply for a temporary (valid for 1y) health card while waiting for their COPR. When the COPR becomes available they then need to go update their health card with their COPR number.

More details on this in the section "For applicants for permanent residence" here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/documents-needed-get-health-card#section-0

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Thanks! I have tried to upload the photo 5 times now but it keeps giving the server timeout error. Tried on Brave and Firefox. So irritating!
Someone said, they tried from mobile/Tablet/Ipad and it worked

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Thanks! I have tried to upload the photo 5 times now but it keeps giving the server timeout error. Tried on Brave and Firefox. So irritating!
Did the photo shop give you a digital copy? If yes download it to the PC and then insert it and crop it the best way possible it wouldn’t be perfect but once they allow you to submit that should be fine.

if not email the help centre I think it’s someone in an email if you having issues with the online landing portal

gsingh2022

Oct 27, 2022
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Did the photo shop give you a digital copy? If yes download it to the PC and then insert it and crop it the best way possible it wouldn’t be perfect but once they allow you to submit that should be fine.

if not email the help centre I think it’s someone in an email if you having issues with the online landing portal
No they didn't give me a digital copy. I scanned it myself. The scan was accepting initially when I submitted the PR application.

Right now the error is:
Cross-Origin Request Blocked: The Same Origin Policy disallows reading the remote resource at [URL]https://api.prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/photo-validation[/URL]. (Reason: CORS header ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ missing). Status code: 502.

Now i don't think this would be related to my photo.