+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
How long does it take to for IRCC to review medicals? We do not have access to the pr tracker as unable to register but gc key states that the medicals have not been received and to see the medical request email for details. I am guessing that this is the email they originally sent. Doctor says everything was uploaded. I know that the gc key login page states that there is a backlog of medicals but I hope this doesn't affect our application status.
Here’s my timeline, I hope it helps
Timeline Inland paper based

Application sent May 18th

Application Received May 19

AOR July 6th

Medical request July 6th

Biometrics request July 12th

Biometrics completed July 13th

Medical submitted July 19th

Open Work Permit July 21st

Pre arrival August 2nd

Eligibility passed August 2nd

Sponsor approval August 3rd

PR approval October 11th

Portal details October 11th

Photos, address and declaration Submitted October 11th

Epcor…….Jan 9th 2023

PR cards in mail….waiting

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022

AOR July 6th

Medical request July 6th

Pre arrival August 2nd

PR approval October 11th

Epcor…….Jan 9th 2023

we just received pre-arrival series email, nothing updated yet on gc key except medical changed from requested to not received.

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
we just received pre-arrival series email, nothing updated yet on gc key except medical changed from requested to not received.
Okay it’s good they working on it.

I completed my medicals and it was saying I didn’t it just takes some time to upload I did call the doc office back to ensure they did upload it to IRCC.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
Okay it’s good they working on it.

I completed my medicals and it was saying I didn’t it just takes some time to upload I did call the doc office back to ensure they did upload it to IRCC.
ok thanks, I wasn't sure if I should worry or not as the gc key login page does say they have a backlog of medicals to work through.

our timeline so far

Inland Sponsorship - Spouse and 2 dependants
Dec 7 - online app submitted
Dec 10- sponsor rec'd AOR
Dec 15 - medical requests
Dec 19 - fee reminder letter (already paid)
Dec 22 - PA medical done
Jan 9 - Dependants medicals done
Jan 12 - Biometrics request for dependants (PA has biometrics on file from less than 10 years ago)
Jan 13 - Pre-Arrival letter

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
ok thanks, I wasn't sure if I should worry or not as the gc key login page does say they have a backlog of medicals to work through.

our timeline so far

Dec 22 - PA medical done
Jan 12 - Biometrics request for dependants (PA has biometrics on file from less than 10 years ago)
That’s amazing your application is moving along
I paid all our fees up front and they always send the reminder to pay your fees, and a generic email basically.

but once you confirm with your medical exam doc they submitted and it’s submitted prior to the deadline you should be fine! I was thinking the same thing when I got an email saying reminder to complete my medical.

I find the longest wait was after they send you the approval email, and the log in credentials to say your are inland based and your photos, address etc. that wait was from oct 2022 to Jan 9th for me. That’s wait was ridiculous long because once it’s approved I assumed it was gonna happen quickly.

but over all I am sure they in a new year and will get all these applications done! Stay positive and I wish you the BEST.

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
That’s amazing your application is moving along
I paid all our fees up front and they always send the reminder to pay your fees, and a generic email basically.

but once you confirm with your medical exam doc they submitted and it’s submitted prior to the deadline you should be fine! I was thinking the same thing when I got an email saying reminder to complete my medical.

I find the longest wait was after they send you the approval email, and the log in credentials to say your are inland based and your photos, address etc. that wait was from oct 2022 to Jan 9th for me. That’s wait was ridiculous long because once it’s approved I assumed it was gonna happen quickly.

but over all I am sure they in a new year and will get all these applications done! Stay positive and I wish you the BEST.
Thank you. We paid all upfront as well except for OWP as we choose to do separately and pay when we apply for that. Our medical deadline was Jan 14 and the kids just completed medicals on the 9th in Jamaica. So I’m hoping that their medicals were submitted on time. The inland online apps seem to be going quicker but yes I have been seeing in this forum the portal invite and ecopr taking some time.

best of luck!

Reactions: BurgerLover

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022

our timeline so far

Dec 22 - PA medical done
You should be fine. My husband completed his medical end of September and it took nearly a month (shy 3 days) for the portal to update and say it was passed. We didn’t get a notification that they were received, just that it was passed. Everybody else from September onwards seems to have it passed in two weeks or less from the submission date.

gsingh2022

Oct 27, 2022
Visa Office......
Mississauga

AOR July 6th

Medical request July 6th

Pre arrival August 2nd

PR approval October 11th

Epcor…….Jan 9th 2023

You got the portal invite on the same day they sent the pr approval email? It's been almost 4 days for me and no portal invite :/

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Damn that's lucky. And you were able to get your SIN with the eCOPR?
The ECOPR took me from October to January but when I did get the ECOPR offline, I was able to use that to apply for my SIN, and health coverage right away I actually went the same day.

BJB

Jan 11, 2023
You got the portal invite on the same day they sent the pr approval email? It's been almost 4 days for me and no portal invite :/
I believe the wait time for portal invite as of this month is 6-10 days. I received
Pr approval Jan 6th
Portal invite Jan 16th.

Reactions: BurgerLover