+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

BJB

Jan 11, 2023
Spousal sponsorship (Common Law), DIY application, Inland, Biometrics were available already.
Was just "approved", but never got much information in between, just the Approved + Request for information to create the PR confirmation account
Below my timeline:

File submitted on October 11
Oct 18 AOR
Oct 18 Medical request
Oct 21 Medical done
Oct 28 Medical passed
Dec 6 biometrics need to be re-done
Dec 8 biometrics re-submitted
Dec 17 Pre-Arrival services
Jan 6 PR confirmation and request to submit information for PR portal account
Portal credentials: pending
eCOPR: pending
PR card: pending
Did you get portal invite ?

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
We received today the request letter to pay the RPRF and paid it today as well, we chose "pay later" when we submitted our application.

I assume this means it has been approved in principle at the very least?

The PR tracker still shows no changes since 30th of November.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
We received today the request letter to pay the RPRF and paid it today as well, we chose "pay later" when we submitted our application.

I assume this means it has been approved in principle at the very least?

The PR tracker still shows no changes since 30th of November.
for AIP, PA will receive an AIP letter by email and the sponsor will receive SA letter by email

Reactions: BJB and CBarr

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
for AIP, PA will receive an AIP letter by email and the sponsor will receive SA letter by email
Got nothing like that yet. Still the request to pay for the permanent residency fee wouldn't make sense unless something passed in the application. Tho I cannot find anything official to confirm this so this is nothing but pure assumption from my part.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Another interesting information on the request letter header, which I will quote here:

A decision has been made on your Application for Permanent Residence, however; the Right of Permanent Residence
Fee (RPRF) on your application is outstanding. Before you can be issued the Confirmation of Permanent Residence
document, you are required to make the RPRF payment within 7 days of this letter. Information on how to pay the RPRF can

This is why I was interpreting it the way I was; it mentions that a decision has been made and in order to issue the document the fee must be paid.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Another interesting information on the request letter header, which I will quote here:

A decision has been made on your Application for Permanent Residence, however; the Right of Permanent Residence
Fee (RPRF) on your application is outstanding. Before you can be issued the Confirmation of Permanent Residence
document, you are required to make the RPRF payment within 7 days of this letter. Information on how to pay the RPRF can

This is why I was interpreting it the way I was; it mentions that a decision has been made and in order to issue the document the fee must be paid.
that's interesting. what you said could be true then. Good luck!! :D

Reactions: CBarr

gsingh2022

Oct 27, 2022
Visa Office......
Mississauga
It has effective todays date and it had an expiry date of 6months from now.

but I was able to apply for my SIN (I had a temporary one with my work permit) and update my health card too to reflect I am now have PR

now I have no idea how long the card will take to arrive in the mail
So you could apply for your SIN based on eCOPR? I am currently waiting for portal invite (got the PR approval email today) and am wondering at what point can I go get my SIN.

guriii12

Nov 30, 2020
It has effective todays date and it had an expiry date of 6months from now.

but I was able to apply for my SIN (I had a temporary one with my work permit) and update my health card too to reflect I am now have PR

now I have no idea how long the card will take to arrive in the mail
Hey Can you tell your VO? Was it etobicoke or calgary?

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
So you could apply for your SIN based on eCOPR? I am currently waiting for portal invite (got the PR approval email today) and am wondering at what point can I go get my SIN.
That is correct for Ontario at least, you can check the required documents on their website:

• A Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) issued by IRCC
Note: If you use the COPR within one year of becoming a permanent resident, it is acceptable. After this period, the permanent resident card is required.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/required-documents.html

Same applies to the OHIP (Ontario Health Card)

Reactions: BurgerLover

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Yes once you get the ecopr you can get your SIN and your health card

that’s what I did and got it.