+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

【INLAND】 Spousal Sponsorship *2022*

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
Portal invite usually refers to the email you get when your PR application is officially approved. The email will confirm the approval, and ask for PA's personal info to create a PR portal login for virtual landing. I believe this is only for inland applications.
Yes I got this email from early October they will ask you verify name, address etc then send you your log in details to declare you are inside Canada.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Successfully linked application in Sponsor's GCKey account.
Steps used as follows:

• Permanent Resident
  • Family Class (Spouses)
  • Application Number and UCI
    • used the UCI of the Principal Applicant and Application Number we received
  • Place of Birth
    • city and country exactly as it shows in the Principal Appicant's passport
  • Province
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Town
    • the one that was selected in one of the application forms
  • Current Marital Status
    • self explanatory
  • Number of family members
    • the Sponsor and Principal Applicant count as 2
    • if you have dependents as well then it's 2 (Sponsor and PA) + dependent count
And one addition. If your application needs a co-signer, then you also add that onto the number of family members. For example, the PA + sponsor + dependent + co-signer = 4.

Reactions: CBarr

JWC

Nov 17, 2022
Hi. I have some questions about my application.
Here is my timeline.

2022/10/18 Submitted (Online, Common-law, Inland)
2022/11/08 Returned (TYPO)
2022/11/08 Submitted again
2022/11/11 AOR - Sponsor Email
2022/11/15 Medical Examination / Right of Permanent Residence Fee Reminder - PA Email

I received an AOR, but ECAS still says - "We received your application for permanent residence on October 18, 2022."
And in this tracker, the last update is still October 29th and the status is shown as "Received", File number is still "not available", Even though I received the file number that starts with F by email on Nov 11th.
It seems like most of applicant receive medical requests at the same time with AOR or 2-3 days later, but there are no other updates until now.
They didn't send me a medical request but only sent me a reminder email on Nov15. According to the comments above, it just looks like an automatic email that is not very important.
Should I just wait? Is it common for trackers to be slow to update? there is no update after AOR, I don't know what to do.

I tried to link my application to the IRCC account using GCkey, but the information is not corrcet.
I know it's a very tricky, a lot of people are having a trouble with this. I've been trying several combinations for 5 days, but I keep failing and getting tired of having only five chances for a day...
Do I have to call the IRCC? Can someone tell me what you did to fix this? Or is this related to my tracker status not updated?

Thanks!
Hi Guys! Thanks for the kind replies. Here's a little update.

I was able to check the update that I passed the medical exam and the Biometrics on this tracker after waiting a little bit.
I think I passed without a request letter because of this new policy they started, I already completed IME in 2020 and vaild Biometrics. - so it is a nice progress.

And what I could see in the updated tracker is that they entered my destination city incorrectly! Maybe this is why I couldn't link to the application... :confused: I was finally able to link my application to the CIC account using the wrong city name, UCI, and application number...

So the question that I'm thinking about now is,
Other things I checked with this tracker are different addresses and contacts. This is my old phone number and address and I don't even know where they got this information and entered it.
I have tried to request an address update on this link, but the latest information is displayed properly on this website. It is also entered as the correct address on ECAS. I guess the new tracker and CIC work in different ways.

Should I phone IRCC to change 1)my address, 2)contact information and 3)my destination city, which was entered incorrectly in the new tracker? Is this an important part of the process? If I have to, what is the best way to reach them?

Thanks in advance!

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Some rumors say IRCC has stopped sending portal emails to those applicants who have obtained Copr number coz the immigration goal for 2022 reached....
I talked to 9 inland applicants who have their eligibility pass, Medi& background check done yet none of them have recieved portal invitation after late October.....
Looks like this is just a rumor after all. An applicant I know JUST got portal invite today. She got COPR details on her tracker early October. So IRCC certainly has not stopped sending portal invite emails.

Reactions: YVR123

BurgerLover

Star Member
Sep 13, 2022
And the wait is over. My husband's sponsorship application got approved yesterday and we received the PR confirmation portal.
Applied: January 2022, inland, on paper.
Medical and Biometrics exempt.
Eligibility passed March 13.
Work permit received in April.
Pre-arrival services received March 13.
And yesterday, the final step to create an account on the PR confirmation portal.

Wishing you the best of luck all.
How long after your husband got the portal details did he receive his ECOPR? I submitted from oct 11th and still waiting I just want an idea of time frame.

thank you!

dun146

Jun 19, 2019
Hello - I am a Canadian citizen living in Canada and my fiance is an Indian citizen living in India. We're planning to get legally married in India. Do I need to submit a "Statement in lieu of certificate of non-impediment to marriage abroad"? Getting mixed information online. We'll do the outland spousal PR application.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Have received more updates since the last time I posted, main important updates were:

Medical Exam passed on November 29 and received that standard fees reminder email the very next day.

Hoping to get the biometrics request for my spouse soon now.

Reactions: YVR123

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And one addition. If your application needs a co-signer, then you also add that onto the number of family members. For example, the PA + sponsor + dependent + co-signer = 4.
Spousal sponsorships do not have co-signers.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Today we noticed that the contact details information in the Principal Applicant's PR tracker were showing wrong information, my spouse's address was showing her home country address (outside of Canada) instead of our address in Canada, and my address is missing the unit number.

Has anyone faced something like this before? We have submitted a form request for that info to be updated just in case it isn't just some PR Tracker irrelevant thing.

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Today we noticed that the contact details information in the Principal Applicant's PR tracker were showing wrong information, my spouse's address was showing her home country address (outside of Canada) instead of our address in Canada, and my address is missing the unit number.

Has anyone faced something like this before? We have submitted a form request for that info to be updated just in case it isn't just some PR Tracker irrelevant thing.
I am in the exactly same situation and we have raised web forms as well. Addresses are not updated yet. I will get back here once they update addresses.
Please do the same. Let's see..

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022

For the unit # missing, ours is missing too on the PR tracker. However, the letters issued to date do have it included. Seems to be how they display the address on the webpage, don’t need to worry about that one.

Reactions: CBarr

tiara1998

Dec 5, 2018
Indonesia
We applied for spousal sponsorship online (inland) here's our timeline so far :
November 9th 2022 : application submitted
November 16th 2022 : AOR
November 16th 2022 : Medical request
November 22nd 2022 : Biometric request
November 24th 2022 : Biometric received

I will keep them updated! They're really speeding up all of the application guys! Wish us luck☺

Reactions: whozarm

Kaikai95

Aug 17, 2022
I am in the exactly same situation and we have raised web forms as well. Addresses are not updated yet. I will get back here once they update addresses.
Please do the same. Let's see..
same here, and I sent them webform a month ago, never got a reply... I just gave up

armaanwadhwa

Jun 30, 2017
2022/11/29 Submitted (Online, Married, No Dependents, Inland, Visitor Visa)
2022/12/03 AOR - Sponsor Email
2022/12/03 Biometrics updated. Visitor visa application. Valid until 2032

Was able to link up the application to GCKey however no matter what combination I try, not able to link it to the PR tracker.

Can someone shed some light?