+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

◦your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5

monotonous

May 28, 2013
3.Two (2) secondary identity documents

A copy of two of the following:
◦your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or
◦your valid provincial driver’s license or valid provincial photo-identity card, or
◦your valid University/College photo student card, or
◦your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two years.

So I have to choose two from these, I don't have driver license or income assessment, so what is the record of landing? what if i can only provide one document

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

monotonous said:
3.Two (2) secondary identity documents

A copy of two of the following:
◦your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688), or
◦your valid provincial driver's license or valid provincial photo-identity card, or
◦your valid University/College photo student card, or
◦your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two years.

So I have to choose two from these, I don't have driver license or income assessment, so what is the record of landing? what if i can only provide one document.
1. You won't have a record of "landing" Imm 1000 unless you landed prior to 2002. If you "landed" after 2002 and were not processed in Canada, you were issued an IMM 5292. So you have never driven, worked or attended school in Canada?

monotonous

May 28, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

1. You won't have a record of "landing" Imm 1000 unless you landed prior to 2002. If you "landed" after 2002 and were not processed in Canada, you were issued an IMM 5292. So you have never driven, worked or attended school in Canada?
i have student card, but it asks for 2 of the 4 i don't have income nor driver license

monotonous

May 28, 2013
anyway what is this record of landing, i arrived after 2002. what if i can only provide 1 of the 4 documents?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monotonous said:
anyway what is this record of landing, i arrived after 2002. what if i can only provide 1 of the 4 documents?
1. If you landed in Canada before 28 June 2002 you were issued a form IMM1000 as the record of landing.

2. If you landed in Canada on or after 28 June 2002 you were issued form 5292 as confirmation of permanent residence (COPR).

You had to sign either form before an immigration officer attesting to the details therein being true such as marital status and if you had any dependents...so where is the form you signed?

Sure you can provide just the 1 document if that's all you have along with a statutory declaration that you don't have any other document required and the reason why. However these documents especially Notices of Tax Assessments are strong indicators of declared physical presence in Canada (CIC check employer is bonafide) so CIC will doubt you were in Canada on the days you claimed to be. Why have you not filed taxes? How have you survived without employment? Why don't you have provincial health coverage?

Where CIC don't believe your declared days then you will be issued a Residence Questionnaire (RQ) and or subject to interview. Your application will fall outside the routine processing...posts on this forum and case law indicates non routine applications are 12+ months duration. I suggest you start gathering evidence of your days in Canada. This evidence has to be active proof e.g. volunteering letter, proof of dental visits. Passive proof such as bank statements don't cut it.

You may want to re-think the application and wait until you can provide proof of declared days the minimum being 730 days in the 5 years prior to the PR Card application date!