+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

“Has xxx applied to immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada before?” Dilemma. Help

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hi guys,

Would really appriciate if someone could give me an expert opinion on the following:

I was a dependent in a paper based application that my father filed in 2009 to IRCC (cic at that time) for an investor's program. I was 17 years old then. In 2014 the entire investors program got terminated by the new Canadian government. Sometime later my dad received his application fee fully refunded along with the paper based application that he sent .

Now I want to apply for EE and I’m not too sure how to answer the question: “Has xxx applied to immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada before?”
Should I answer yes? or
Should I answer no?

Your advise will be much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi guys,

Would really appriciate if someone could give me an expert opinion on the following:

I was a dependent in a paper based application that my father filed in 2009 to IRCC (cic at that time) for an investor's program. I was 17 years old then. In 2014 the entire investors program got terminated by the new Canadian government. Sometime later my dad received his application fee fully refunded along with the paper based application that he sent .

Now I want to apply for EE and I’m not too sure how to answer the question: “Has xxx applied to immigration, refugees and citizenship Canada before?”
Should I answer yes? or
Should I answer no?

Your advise will be much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks :)
You can answer yes. If an explanation box pops up (been a while since I applied for EE, so they may have changed), you can explain that you were a minor/dependent, the year it happened, and that the investor program was terminated.

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
You can answer yes. If an explanation box pops up (been a while since I applied for EE, so they may have changed), you can explain that you were a minor/dependent, the year it happened, and that the investor program was terminated.
Thanks for your response. I already have received ITA based on a profile in which I answered NO o this question.
Do you think I should now change the answer to YES post ITA?
Is it safe to do so?

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you for the suggestion :)
Really appreciate it
Have you happen to have/see any similar situations to mine?

Thanks
Yes. This is honestly a really minor thing, and from my own similar experience with this question, it's better to "overstate", and there are never any penalties for it.

Reactions: wchaudhry

wchaudhry

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Yes. This is honestly a really minor thing, and from my own similar experience with this question, it's better to "overstate", and there are never any penalties for it.
Thank you.
Ill chance the answer to YES and state what happened.
And hope this wont cause any hurdles in the application processing time.
Thanks

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

Nixnic19

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

how about if i only applied for EE? Is a "NO" considered correct answer? please help