Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-08-2015
Hi Everyone,

I submitted a Spousal Application just recently, which CIC returned, stating in a Letter, that a Form was missing. I realised my mistake, but i'm alittle perplexed as
to the continued ambiguity of CIC, stating in another part of the Letter, "...however there may be other deficiencies in your application". Helpfully, CIC didn't go
on to state what these deficiencies were...
Apart from what I think to be the obvious [that there is one Red Flag within the Application], what do they mean, by this Statement?...and has anyone recieved this
comment from them before, if their application was also returned?

Apart from the missing "deficiency" of not having included the Police Contrato Form, the only Red Flag i believe we have is that my Spouse has not yet met any of my
Famliy. [She has met 2 of my Friends]. This is owing to just the plain geographical fact that my immediate Family live very [very] far from Cuba, which leads to,
and compounds, a financial fact: that they simply could not afford to travel to Cuba for our Wedding: my Parents living on a fixed monthly income [a Pension],
with a mortgage to pay, and my Sister [One Sibling only], obligated to her Job, in the raising of her 2 young children...

However, my Spouse has had [and continues to have] regular communication with my Parents and Sister, as well as with Family members in Canada, through Phone Calls
and through digital communication through Facebook Messenger. Has anyone else been in a similar situation as this?...where their immediate family simply just lives
too far away... but that they actually still had success in the sponsoring of their spouse??

What advice does anyone have, [Personal Affidavits from Family?] in order to negate this red flag, and allay the concerns of the Immigration Officer concerned?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Without seeing the letter this is just a guess, but it's probably just to cover their ass, because once they find one deficiency they send it back without checking the rest. This is so you don't fix that one thing, send it back without further checking then blame them if something else is wrong with it.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
also this can also be a form letter they send to everyone when the application is returned. it seems they send form letters and just copy and paste or check off the appropriate boxes based on that application's specific issues. part of the letter may not even be relavent to your application and it's just something that's said just in case. personally i'd take the time to review the application one more time before it's sent back to be sure nothing is missing and there aren't any gaps in dates or other "red flags".

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I think Aquakitty and CDNPR2014 are bang on with their analysis.