+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent content by shannon388

  1. S

    PGP submitting additional docs via email

    Hello, I got an additional document request from IRCC. We collected the documents, and submitted by email (to IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca). Does anyone has experience submitting via email? Is it reliable, or should we also submit an additional copy...
  2. S

    Question about translations

    Hello, I am in processing of translating several documents in Chinese to English. I have looked on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/removal-risk-assessment/translation.html My question is...
  3. S

    Hukou request for PGP

    Hello, I am sponsoring my mother through PGP. We have given medicals, biometrics, and all the applicable PCC. My notarial certificate of birth (which contained both my parents' names), issued by a Chinese notary office, was submitted when we applied. However, we have received a letter from...
  4. S

    IRCC Portal issue

    Hello, my parents and me hired a representative for their PGP application. The representative is now unable to access his own representative portal, and has filed complaints with IRCC, but received no answer. Since the deadline is not far, he suggested my parents create a portal, submit through...
  5. S

    Departure tax

    Most brokerages require a Canadian residence, so when you depart, they will either freeze (I am not sure this is an option at all brokerages) or sell your positions, realizing any unrealized gain/loss, and thus you need to pay long/short term capital gain taxes on such gains held in taxable...
  6. S

    Spouse Add or Not Add into PR application

    a) Unsure on this, but not adding your spouse is unlikely to be the only reason b) They might ask evidence of your intent to settle in Canada
  7. S

    Work related travel outside Canada

    I worked in a Canadian university (full time, continuously) for the past 3 years. My wife works in a university in Miami. This situation -- spouses working at different universities located far apart -- is actually quite common in academia (the so-called "two-body problem"...
  8. S

    Work related travel outside Canada

    Thanks a lot for the clarification. Yes, my trips are for business (can get letters from my supervisor/employer and the host institution to prove this). I don't have a place in the US, and my destinations are mostly scattered across the US (FL, VA, IN). My parents are in Italy, and I visit them...
  9. S

    Work related travel outside Canada

    Thanks a lot for the info!
  10. S

    PR status and travel to Canada

    You can definitely travel to Canada. You can also travel next year as long as your PR status is not revoked (note: it is not automatically revoked when you do not meet the RO, they must go through all the process). You're still a PR, you enter Canada by right, not privilege.
  11. S

    Work related travel outside Canada

    Hello, I got invited to apply for PGP this year. I haven't applied yet, but will be in Canada when I'll apply. I am a PR, who travels a lot for work related purposes (I can get letters from both my department chair, and the receiving institution), including internationally, for some ~3 months...
  12. S

    PGP PCC timeline

    Hello, from your experiences, what is the timeline between submitting the PGP application and receiving the PCC requests? How much time is generally given to provide such PCC? All I could find about PCC for PGP is something like "PCC are not requested at the time of the application"... Thanks!
  13. S

    PGP Police Certificates

    Hello, I got invited to sponsor my parents this year. Haven't submitted yet. I'd wish to ask about police certificates required for my parents: they were born in China, and lived there until early 30s, and visited several times after (but none of these visits is 6+ months long) they lived in...