+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent content by canuck78

  1. C

    Study permit application refused, I need advice.

    You would need to show why it would make sense to get bachelors in public health and not a masters and why it would make sense to get the degree in public health at all. Most public health jobs are done by nurses so a bachelors in public health won’t lead to better job opportunities. It mainly...
  2. C

    RE: Spousal Application

    1. Like any visitor her entry is always dependent on interview at the border. There is no 6 month rule for visitor trying to visit Canada. 2. If the spousal sponsorship had received AOR can apply for OWP once in Canada.
  3. C

    2026 PR application timeline

    You will get it within the next month or potentially 2. Would focus on overall processing time and not get overly focused on each step. Processing is not in strict chronological order. The fact that the 1 time policy was introduced means your application will be processed a few years faster...
  4. C

    2026 PR application timeline

    Just be patient everyone will receive it and processing is not strict chronological order. Receiving AOR just means you are back in line waiting for the next part of processing. Would focus on the fact that most 2026 applicants will have PR within 1-3 years from when they applied for PR.
  5. C

    residency obligations how to count days!

    In general often better to apply with a bit of a buffer (I would suggest at least a few weeks) to try and save on overall processing time.
  6. C

    PR Card Delay After Photo Resubmission – Sept 17 Landing

    Did you submit citizenship application without copy of PR card?
  7. C

    Canada visit visa - August 2026

    Plan for around a month but would not book travel until you have your stamped passport back.
  8. C

    US B1/B2 Visa Questions

    The norms have totally changed with Trump. Even getting a B1/B2 without being a PR has become incredibly difficult even with previous travel, steady income and savings. Even if you get a visa there is a decent chance you could still be refused at the border.
  9. C

    Parents Super Visa Chances - After I become PR and living inside Canada

    She could be questioned upon entry to Canada to deter her likelihood of claiming asylum when entering Canada. If for example you claimed asylum due to your genuine sexuality then you shouldn’t be concerned that you will be outed. Your parents must be aware that you claimed asylum. They could...
  10. C

    PGP 2022 - Primary applicant(Father) no more

    First of all I’m sorry for your loss. You’ll need to contact IRCC with your father’s death certificate with relevant translation and then request for your mother to be made the primary applicant.
  11. C

    Security screening type A34: comprehensive

    You should post under refugee section this isn’t related to family sponsorship.
  12. C

    Protected persons PR application

    You should post under the refugee section. Do you live in Quebec?
  13. C

    Sponsoring spouse outside Canada

    1. You will need concrete proof that you intend to move to Canada to sponsor your spouse. If you will be moving back to Canada in February I would plan on updating your file with proof of employment, proof of housing, other bills, etc. 2. Would explain why you aren’t living in the same place...
  14. C

    H&C Humanitarian Ground with/or Without Failed refugee claim

    I was also called negative when I pointed out for at least a year of two that processing times were wrong but I was right. I am trying to drive home the reality of what is happening because I follow CanLii so I see the changes through JRs and the applications to stay removals. I have also...