+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YOUNG JAMAICAN IN NEED OF URGENT ADVICE!

zoe_b

Nov 8, 2012
Hey good day to all :) I am currently in the process of renewing both my Jamaican passport and my canadian visa. My visa expired at the beginning of this year. I just recently graduated from university and I am 21 years old. I am still dependent on my parents and I have no job as I intend to join the Jamaica Defense force in the near future. I have applied for the JDF so I am currently waiting for my application to be processed. I have traveled to Canada about 3 times before; two times as a minor and once for a semester to go on exchange to York University in my second year at university. Now I am worried that my application will be rejected because I am young, have no ties to the country (unemployed, no land ownership, etc), and I don't have much money in the bank for obvious reasons.

What advice would you give to me to better my chances of approval? Would it be wise for me to have someone from the Army (perhaps a recruiter) write a letter stating that they are in receipt of my application which is pending approval? Also, since I am dependent on my parents until my application is approved should i have them write a letter stating this along with their bank statements and so forth? My aunt (who is canadian) will be funding my whole trip to canada, including travel expenses? Should I submit original bank statements from her as well?

Please help me and advise me as much as you can I am freaking out balls over here!!