+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

you must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application!

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
When the PR application says “you must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application”, does it mean (i) to establish my HIGH proficiency in all aspects of English, I have to sit for IELTS before I submit my application or I can now just tick on it and take IELTS at the time when Immigration office notifies me to submit all supporting papers; (ii) I need to have proof of fund at the date of submission of my application or only at the time I start for Canada as PR (on success). Also to proof funds, only required money is enough to show or one should show market value of immovabale assets/other assets as well?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I applied for my PR, I got a letter from a bank stating that I have real estate worth so and so much. It was enough.

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
Thanks Leon.

My confusion is you do not have to have show any proof or send any document to them at the time of application (under Simplified Application Process). Then when you need to show the proof really?

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
They will contact you when they need your documents...main reason for the simplified process is for you to get on the queue

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
When I submitted my SWA under simplified process, I didn't submit any supporting documents. I only attached my resume with each work experience labeled with corresponding NOC and copy of ID.

But I also have with me copy of the supporting documents, in-case they ask me to submit I am ready anytime. I think that is what they mean by “you must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application”. There is always the possibility for CIC rules and procedure to change and it depends on how many applicants so they want you to be ready anytime they ask you to submit supporting documents.

immigrant

Jul 22, 2008
Does it also mean that you have to meet all criteria AFTER your
application is submitted? I'm thinking, in particular, of work
experiences which start to age after submission of application
which could potentially reduce your points if your newer work
experiences do not count.

angelinoj

Jul 6, 2008
I think, though I am not expert on this, that if you would like to live and work in Canada, you should be preparing for it. Thus, you must look for a job or if not trainings and additional education that you think would be helpful for you when you land in Canada, and would also be an additional points for you.

just my thoughts.......

Sadruddin

Jul 21, 2008
If I understood you correctly...assuming I'm applying today (SAP) and i should take a bank statement dating TODAY and keep it with me - - to prove that I oblige with the " you must meet all criteria at the time you submit your application!" So I can provide them this one plus another statement to be taken from bank at a later date when immigration office asks for sending supporting docs.

PLS SUGGEST........PPM?

todiefor

Star Member
Jul 9, 2008
When the immigration ask for updated document for proof of funds, you need to show recent bank(s) statement to prove that you have the money required to immigrate to Canada. Also, when you land in Canada, the immigration officer will ask for the proof of fund and you need to show that you have the actual money whether in cash or cashier cheque, etc.

If you can't prove to immigration officer that you have the money when you land in Canada, they might refuse you to enter Canada coz you did fulfill the requirement.