+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You have significant family ties in Canada. Refusal reason

Aziz201622

Jul 13, 2023
My dad got refused for a visitor visa request under this reason” You have significant family ties in Canada”.
It doesn’t make any sense since the main purpose of the visitor request is a FAMILY VISIT. He was invited by my brother to attend his upcoming marriage ceremony and attached all of the marriage certificate ,marriage invitation card, purpose of travel letter, proof of strong work and family ties back home and other documents I didn’t mention is that normal to be refused after submitting all of these documents?

faisalshaikhpro

Nov 7, 2016
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
My dad got refused for a visitor visa request under this reason” You have significant family ties in Canada”.
It doesn’t make any sense since the main purpose of the visitor request is a FAMILY VISIT. He was invited by my brother to attend his upcoming marriage ceremony and attached all of the marriage certificate ,marriage invitation card, purpose of travel letter, proof of strong work and family ties back home and other documents I didn’t mention is that normal to be refused after submitting all of these documents?
when did you get rejection? what is your timeline?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Yes, absolutely normal, especially if the country of origin is - with respect - , a third-world country (for example from North Africa, Middle East, if I rely on the connotation of the first name of your nickname). .. They know (and experience has shown them, that is to say existing cases before you) that people from these countries have a high risk of never returning to their country of origin... it's not only economic considerations that come into play... But also the quality of care, security, rights and the rule of law, absence of corruption, etc, etc... The quality of life, simply... Future prospects, in general.

It is normal to introduce visas, and granting them or not is a sovereign decision of the country where you want to go... Not a right.

Hypothetically, if tomorrow Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, or other industrialized and developed countries opened their border without visas, (or granted them too easily), the repercussions could be insurmountable ( on the health system, social services, schools, housing, etc., etc.).

yurkomuk

Jul 13, 2023
It's normal. Many years ago, I received a refusal for the reason that the purpose of my visit was insufficient. I had active visas to US and UK, rich travel history, and a decent job in IT. I feel your pain. I got the VISA later on the third try. You need to prove somehow that you are going to come back home.

pexiv

Jan 3, 2024
It's normal. Many years ago, I received a refusal for the reason that the purpose of my visit was insufficient. I had active visas to US and UK, rich travel history, and a decent job in IT. I feel your pain. I got the VISA later on the third try. You need to prove somehow that you are going to come back home.
What specific documents did you include to convince them that you are going to come back?

JAYB92

Jul 24, 2023
What specific documents did you include to convince them that you are going to come back?
Aside the documents you attach, you will need a strong statement of purpose to convince the officers sometimes.