+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong visa

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
We applied for super visa for my mother. The visa was approved. Upon arrival in Canada the immigration officer told that my mother does not have the super visa. She got a multiple entry 10 year visa and she cannot stay for more than 6 months at a time. How can I fix that?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your mom has a regular TRV which allows her to remain for 6 months (if there's no date under the entry stamp). She does not have a super visa (PG-1 category).

It's possible that by oversight you did not select 'Super visa: For parents and grandparents' for the Question: Purpose of visit of the TRV application form. Hence, your mom was assessed for a regular TRV.

You can either:
1. Reapply for a super visa from her home country when she returns home, or

2. Apply to extend her authorized stay for up to 2 years on her current visit/entry on the TRV. The eligibility criteria is similar to that of a super visa

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
If we apply to extend her stay then does that mean she will have to do another medical or the one she did to get her V-1 visa is enough.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Husazi01 said:
If we apply to extend her stay then does that mean she will have to do another medical or the one she did to get her V-1 visa is enough.
No, as long as she hasn't left Canada for 6 months to a scheduled country.

RVarghese

Dec 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 2013
Doc's Request.
05-09-2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
24-05-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi Breanne,
i got refusal for spouse work permit and the reason is unable to provide satisfactory evidence for relationship.since my wife has only 6 months left in her PGWP, we are thinking to apply for a visiting visa.Plese advise .as work permit already got refusal, is there any chance for visiting visa
thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@RVarghese

It's not possible to guess whether you will get a TRV or not. You can certainly try. You must prove your strong ties to your home country (employment, property or land ownership, good financial situation, previous travel history, etc).

If you are approved, you could be given a short validity TRV