+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong date of birth for parents while applying for PR- Applying for visitor visa now

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hello,

So I just realized that I made an error while applying for my PR. My biological mother passed away in 1990's and my father remarried in 2000's. While applying for PR in 2012, I filled out the family information form. On the form my father gave me information about my biological mother. He gave me the DOB of the step mother instead of my real mother. Now, I applied for their TRV's and we had to fill out the family information again. In this case, the error came to notice because I still have the form from 2012. I am shaking my head on this stupid mistake. But it cannot be changed.
Do you guys have any experience with stuff like this? What are your thoughts? Or any advice?

Thanks a lot.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This is what a letter of explanation is for. In the application, note the error clearly and explain it just as you have here. I don't honestly think this rises to be a serious issue.

Reactions: winpro

winpro

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
This is what a letter of explanation is for. In the application, note the error clearly and explain it just as you have here. I don't honestly think this rises to be a serious issue.
Its already submitted and at the visa office. I looked at the form today. Looks like gotta wait for them.

UncTee

Mar 16, 2018
Hello,

So I just realized that I made an error while applying for my PR. My biological mother passed away in 1990's and my father remarried in 2000's. While applying for PR in 2012, I filled out the family information form. On the form my father gave me information about my biological mother. He gave me the DOB of the step mother instead of my real mother. Now, I applied for their TRV's and we had to fill out the family information again. In this case, the error came to notice because I still have the form from 2012. I am shaking my head on this stupid mistake. But it cannot be changed.
Do you guys have any experience with stuff like this? What are your thoughts? Or any advice?

Thanks a lot.
Hi, Please did you get the TRV approved or how did you correct it. I am in a similar situation and need help

sventhedog

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
I also made an error in my birthplace so I just attached a letter on the additional/explanation info section.