+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization family reunification

altay412

Apr 21, 2021
Hi guys,

As I'm waiting for my PR application to be approved, I can't leave Canada. I'm trying to get my mom to come here for 11-12 days (can't do more) and would like to know more about the procedure and what to expect. She is fully vaccinated and will be flying from Turkey. Due to her work, she can only come on July 19th and it's not enough time for the written authorization. I'll mention that on my application and I'm hoping that they'll process things fast. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm currently on a work permit.

In terms of the cost of everything, I know that there are multiple covid tests that still need to be taken. How much would the pre-arrival and arrival tests cost? Also I think she'll have to get tested when going back home too. So 3 covid tests to stay for 11 days I think. I know that we'd have to come up with a quarantine plan still in case, but she won't be staying for more than 12 days and the quarantine plan is 14 days, would that be a problem? Since she's fully vaccinated would she still need to book a hotel?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

As I'm waiting for my PR application to be approved, I can't leave Canada. I'm trying to get my mom to come here for 11-12 days (can't do more) and would like to know more about the procedure and what to expect. She is fully vaccinated and will be flying from Turkey. Due to her work, she can only come on July 19th and it's not enough time for the written authorization. I'll mention that on my application and I'm hoping that they'll process things fast. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm currently on a work permit.

In terms of the cost of everything, I know that there are multiple covid tests that still need to be taken. How much would the pre-arrival and arrival tests cost? Also I think she'll have to get tested when going back home too. So 3 covid tests to stay for 11 days I think. I know that we'd have to come up with a quarantine plan still in case, but she won't be staying for more than 12 days and the quarantine plan is 14 days, would that be a problem? Since she's fully vaccinated would she still need to book a hotel?
She doesn’t qualify if her visit is less than 15 days. You can certainly try but that is one of the requirements.

altay412

Apr 21, 2021
She doesn’t qualify if her visit is less than 15 days. You can certainly try but that is one of the requirements.
I talked with an agent in IRCC today on the phone and they said it's okay if it's less than 15 days, but the cic website says 15 days which got me confused