+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would they reject my PR or CSQ app if I apply for a new study program?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Hello everyone.

First of all I wish you all a merry christmass and happy new year.

On this link, https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-quebec/when-where-submit.html, it is written that students can apply if they are in short term to enter the labour market, and if the student wants to continue the studies, he should postpone his immigration.

I still do not understand what would happen if I apply for the CSQ in January and at the same time I apply in a university for a master degree? So that I start it next September? Since the CSQ's reply won't come before a year !

If I do so, would that be considered as an illegal act? Or would they refuse my study permit extension because I applied for the CSQ under SW category? Or would they refuse my CSQ then if they see that I extended my SP?

I have been working on my immigration for this January but at the same time I want to apply for a higher degree program so that I can stay in the country and pursue my studies untill I get the CSQ (Since my current SP expires at the end of August,2016).

N.B: I can not apply under the PEQ and I can not have a PGWP.