+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would it be ok to accept a job in Quebec (and also move there later) while waiting for PR Card? Finding a job elsewhere isn't working out.

InvisibleMan

Feb 24, 2023
I'm in Ontario, I originally planned to stay there and move to Toronto. I used to have a job, which unfortunately ended, because the company was a tech startup that was playing around with money that it did not have.

So I have been applying again, and Quebec has, in the past, been favorable towards me, particularly because I speak French and as such I have an advantage over there. My PR has been approved, I applied for FSW while being inland. Right now I'm just waiting for my card. I do not plan to move to Quebec until I receive it, and that's something I intend to tell any future employer.

Nonetheless, I know it might look weird that I ended up there, when you're not supposed to go there if you applied for the federal programs. Nonetheless, things did not work out in Ontario, I tried my best, I had a job, some people did some stupid things and it cost me, I had other offers I could have taken back then, but I didn't know this would happen. This is where I'm at, and I don't see much choice other than to abandon Ontario.

I'm wondering if anyone knows, or has any advice about that. I've heard that in these cases they won't say anything, because you really didn't have much choice, and beyond that once you get PR, you're covered by the charter and thus are allowed to work, live and study anywhere in the country. Quebec is part of Canada, so technically it's allowed. Even so, if I had known that this would have happened, I would have gone through their immigration program instead. It's too late for that now.