+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would a US visa cancellation affect my PR process ?

Tahanov

Jul 22, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Hello experts,

I had a US tourist Visa cancellation for violating visa conditions in October 2017. The reason was I worked illegally during my 4-month stay. The officer stopped me by the boarding gate upon departure and found evidence on my phone including photos and messages between me and my boss. He gave me a ban from applying for US visas but I don’t know for how long exactly. The US embassy called me for an interview after I went home but I didn’t go for it.
After this incident I changed my passport and travelled to two countries ( greece and Australia) Australia was aware of my cancellation as I declared it and still gave me a visa. My question is would this incident affect my PR application for Canada ?
Thanks in advance!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but probably not but you must declare any refusals or cancellations given US and Canada share information. Getting a new passport wont make much difference given you are still you by your name DOB and birth place so unless there are more than one of you with identical id . As for the US although I have no idea on that would not surprise me if you have some sort of ban now in your absence especially as you did not turn up for a meeting to explain yourself.

Tahanov

Jul 22, 2018
Egypt
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Cairo, Egypt
Others can comment as well but probably not but you must declare any refusals or cancellations given US and Canada share information. Getting a new passport wont make much difference given you are still you by your name DOB and birth place so unless there are more than one of you with identical id . As for the US although I have no idea on that would not surprise me if you have some sort of ban now in your absence especially as you did not turn up for a meeting to explain yourself.
Thank you for your answer. It was a mistake on my part not attending this interview but I was really embarrassed for putting my self in such position. I will surely declare it on my PR application and according to an immigration lawyer’s advice I contacted recently I emailed the US embassy apologizing and stating that I am ready for any interviews. He told me this whole issue can be sorted out easily and we can lift the ban but I’m not sure whether he’s correct or not.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello experts,

I had a US tourist Visa cancellation for violating visa conditions in October 2017. The reason was I worked illegally during my 4-month stay. The officer stopped me by the boarding gate upon departure and found evidence on my phone including photos and messages between me and my boss. He gave me a ban from applying for US visas but I don’t know for how long exactly. The US embassy called me for an interview after I went home but I didn’t go for it.
After this incident I changed my passport and travelled to two countries ( greece and Australia) Australia was aware of my cancellation as I declared it and still gave me a visa. My question is would this incident affect my PR application for Canada ?
Thanks in advance!
It will affect only if you do not declare. Otherwise, not.