+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worry about passport

Sharonl

Oct 6, 2008
Hi everyone,

I hope I'll get some help on this. I sent my passport to the LA immigration office and it was received on May 28th. It's now a little more than three weeks that my passport is being held. I was wondering if a mailing procedure was not done correctly when I included a return envelope with paid postage and tracking number (express mail through USPS).

As I remember the lady who helped me at USPS actually told me that she cannot scan the tracking number for the return envelope as it has to be done by the LA office as the mail will be originated from LA. I am not sure if I was told the correct information on who should scan the return tracking number. I know that it actually took a month for some people to get their passports back.

Nonetheless, I am worried that I may not get my passport back because of a missed scan!

Any comments on this will be very much appreciated.

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
Yes, The return envelop will be scaned when it reaches the post office and then only it will enter into the system.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
This is a good point. Are the methods used by FEDEX and UPS any different?

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Do not worry. As long as your address is correct on the envelope.

If you have stamped on return envelope and put your address on it, you will get it. no need to track for returning post. if you have noted down it, keep checking on USPS website, once they send your passport back, tracking number will be in the system and you will know that its returned.

I did the same thing.

I prepaid return envelope placing 18$ stamp on it as express mail service. so it just takes 1 day to get back.

Sharonl said:
Hi everyone,

I hope I'll get some help on this. I sent my passport to the LA immigration office and it was received on May 28th. It's now a little more than three weeks that my passport is being held. I was wondering if a mailing procedure was not done correctly when I included a return envelope with paid postage and tracking number (express mail through USPS).

As I remember the lady who helped me at USPS actually told me that she cannot scan the tracking number for the return envelope as it has to be done by the LA office as the mail will be originated from LA. I am not sure if I was told the correct information on who should scan the return tracking number. I know that it actually took a month for some people to get their passports back.

Nonetheless, I am worried that I may not get my passport back because of a missed scan!

Any comments on this will be very much appreciated.