Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with application
hi fellow members,
In gaining point for work experience, does cio reject for not having same job title with the category (noc) applied for or for not having same duties performed. what if i apply with the job title electrical engineer on my reference letter under noc 7242 (industrial electrician) but same duties matching the on the noc 7242, will i get rejection for this. i learnt the title does not really matter but it is the duties performed that matters. any input in highly appreciated.
brav21

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
7242 - Industrial electricians perform some or all of the following duties:
Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
Maintain, repair, install and test switchgear, transformers, switchboard meters, regulators and reactors
Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, generators, alternators, industrial storage batteries and hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems and other related devices
Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records
May install, maintain and calibrate industrial instrumentation and related devices.

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Also see this;

Industrial electricians install, maintain, test, troubleshoot and repair industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. They are employed by electrical contractors and maintenance departments of factories, plants, mines, shipyards and other industrial establishments.

This group also includes the following titles: electrician, shipyard, industrial electrician, industrial electrician apprentice, marine electrician, mill electrician, mine electrician, plant electrician, plant maintenance electrician.

[Source: National Occupational Classification 2006 - HRSDC]

http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=en&noc=7242&province=35&keyword=&action=final&description=show

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
brav21 said:
hi fellow members,
In gaining point for work experience, does cio reject for not having same job title with the category (noc) applied for or for not having same duties performed. what if i apply with the job title electrical engineer on my reference letter under noc 7242 (industrial electrician) but same duties matching the on the noc 7242, will i get rejection for this. i learnt the title does not really matter but it is the duties performed that matters. any input in highly appreciated.
brav21
Hi dear,

If you are holding a degree/diploma in electrical engineering and worked as an electrician (7242), then no problem, you are good to go. However you should provide an experience letter mentinong your position you worked (elctrician-not an engineer)and the duties atleast 80% same as mentioned under this code.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I have seen Electrical Engineers work as technicians, this is 2011 and the world has changed a lot in the past decade.
many EEE graduates these days and very few jobs available for them.

if duties match with CIC's requirements, then no problem.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
****()****

CIC cant reject anyone without valid reasons.
who told you that they are rejected?

brav21

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with application
hi guy,
thanks very much for the suggestion and advice. i did a 2years apprentice training as an electrician before entering into the university to study elect/elect engineering. during my study at the university i was working as a part time electrician for 2years. on completion of study at the university i had a job as an electrical engineer for 3 years before doing a masters in engineering. i have a reference letter for both jobs but the title one is electrician and the other electrical engineer. the one for the electrical engineer which is for 3 years states that i performed almost all the duties described in industrial electrician (noc 7242). i am confused if i can claim points for the one with the job title 'electrical engineer' as the duties matches.
thanks
brav21

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Bingo! MATCHES JOB DUTIES are the three magic words. It is far more important than the title. Just make sure that your job reference letters do not repeat word for word what is written on the website or they will automatically reject. Good Luck!

brav21

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
sent with application
Pippin said:
Bingo! MATCHES JOB DUTIES are the three magic words. It is far more important than the title. Just make sure that your job reference letters do not repeat word for word what is written on the website or they will automatically reject. Good Luck!

thanks pippin, does this mean that i can also claim point for my job as an electrical engineer since i performed the duties mentioned in 7242?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Go by the NOC number that matches your job duties. Doesn't matter what your title is if you perform those duties. Prove that you do that job and you can claim it. Good Luck.

Biborno

Apr 3, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
0631 (MI 2)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
20-08-2014
Dear Friends,

I applied in November, 2010. Recently I got PER from CIC and said my file will be transferred to VO (London). When I applied, I submitted all supporting document except PCC. Now should I send my PCC to the visa office voluntarily, or wait for VO's request? Please give me you opinion.

Regards/..
Biborno