+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Quebec, Living in Ontario

Zhindouki

Aug 27, 2018
Dear Canavisa team, hope this mail finds you well.

I'm a new permanent resident in Canada, I've landed the 9th of august and i'm now setteled in Ottawa, Ontario.

I got lucky and found a permanenet remote job, but the company is based in Montréal.

My question is, Am i allowed to work for this company ?

The company told me that I will be taxed in Quebec for my income, and that I should Ontario so not having to pay double tax.

Please note that I had a federal extraction, I was not nominated by ontario.

Please help me in order to know if i Have to continue on this job or find another one.

Thank you.
Zaki.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Canavisa team, hope this mail finds you well.

I'm a new permanent resident in Canada, I've landed the 9th of august and i'm now setteled in Ottawa, Ontario.

I got lucky and found a permanenet remote job, but the company is based in Montréal.

My question is, Am i allowed to work for this company ?

The company told me that I will be taxed in Quebec for my income, and that I should Ontario so not having to pay double tax.

Please note that I had a federal extraction, I was not nominated by ontario.

Please help me in order to know if i Have to continue on this job or find another one.

Thank you.
Zaki.
Yes, you can work and there is no obligation on you since you are a permanent resident of Canada.

Just FYI, I am not an employee of Canada Visa, I am just one of the members of this forum.

CanadaVisa45

Feb 1, 2019
I am in the same situation rented an apartment effective July 1st. employer provided a letter stating that I will be working remote from Ontario. but employer says my pay stubs stays the same (Quebec) and said I can file taxes as Ontario resident later - they don't change since we don't have any company in Ontario.

I am confused a bit on that, I was in states quite a while it's very different there - employer can run payroll as per our residential address.

So I got two explanations in mind to include in LOE
1. future lease in Ontario and applying for jobs in non Quebec and resign after PR approval , and other explanations on french.
2. future lease in Ontario and working remote for Quebec company. attaching proof of letter from employer stating ON residence.

what do you guys think ? which one would be better ? need to submit docs in a week. invitation about to expire.
any suggestion would be great help. please guide me.