+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Quebec for FSW Immigrant

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi All,

I have received my Canadian Immigration under Federal Skilled Workers program and I mentioned Toronto, Ontario as the intended place to land.

I have been offered a job in Montreal, Quebec. I know that I cannot directly land in Quebec so I'm planning to land in Toronto and followed by going to Quebec however I do not know the complications involved in the job process whether I can work for a company in Quebec even if I'm a landed immigrant under the Federal program.

Are there any pre-requisites I need to follow. How about the Health Care coverage etc.

Would appreciate your comments.

Thanks.

smuktevi

Oct 5, 2009
Hello all,

I just completed my landing in Toronto as a FSW. I have been offered a position from a company in Montreal, Quebec. Will i be eligible to work in Quebec, if so will that count towards my PR. PMM, Leon please enlighten on this topic.

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

You should not have any problems in working in Quebec till you follow the below guidelines

- Some of the companies require you to have private health care coverage till you become eligible for coverage by Province plan and (in some cases) company's plan.
- Get yourself an apartment and show the lease agreement when you apply for Health Coverage at RAMQ. Lease agreement states that you are a resident of Quebec
- They will give the coverage for 1 year in the start however it will be renewed, if you intend to stay longer in Quebec.

Other than above, you should be OK.

Good Luck.

smuktevi said:
Hello all,

I just completed my landing in Toronto as a FSW. I have been offered a position from a company in Montreal, Quebec. Will i be eligible to work in Quebec, if so will that count towards my PR. PMM, Leon please enlighten on this topic.

smuktevi

Oct 5, 2009
Hello S_J,

Thanks for the quick response. I have couple of more questions, could you please respond to them too, so i am clear on the process.

1. Can i work in Quebec with a FSW ?
2. Will my days of work in Quebec add to my PR ?
3. Will i and my family be eligible for all benefits of PR, while working in Quebec?
4. Does Quebec has schools for kids which teach in English ?
5. Can i apply for health cards in Quebec ? - You already answered this one,

Thanks in advance,

Sreekanth

S_J

Star Member
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

Following are the answers to your questions.

S_J: Yes. Once you are in Canada, there is no restriction for you to work anywhere. I'm basing this comment on my personal experience

S_J: Yes

3. Will i and my family be eligible for all benefits of PR, while working in Quebec?
S_J: If your family members are legal Permanent Residents, Yes they are eligible to all provincial benefits

S_J: Few of the schools do offer English language education, however you have to double check with the schools in the area where you will be living

S_J: RAMQ requires some evidence that you are a resident of Quebec. They do accept your apartment/house lease agreement as one of the documents. However after settling down, you can also show them any bills under your name.

Good Luck

smuktevi said:
Hello S_J,

Thanks for the quick response. I have couple of more questions, could you please respond to them too, so i am clear on the process.

Thanks in advance,

Sreekanth

smuktevi

Oct 5, 2009
Hello S_J,

Could you please share your email ID, or send an test email to me at muktevisree@gmail.com. I want to get some more details from you on Quebec, working and living there...hope, you have some time to answer my emails..

Sree

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
hi, im new here, i want to apply under quebec PNP, just want to know if there are couple of nursing jobs there, im a filipino.thx

genona

Apr 29, 2011
Uae
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ - sub to montreal FEDERAL - sub to VO ABUDhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Aug -16-2011
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11/09/2012 App received by CIC 11/03/2013 IN PROCESS
Med's Request
not yet
Med's Done....
march 2013
Interview........
JULY 13, 2012( csq received)
Passport Req..
nov 2013
VISA ISSUED...
dec 2013
LANDED..........
soonnnn
smuktevi said:
Hello all,

hi! im new here, just wanted to know how di u find a job in quebec, because i applied as quebec skilled worker and got my AOR but im worried how to find a job there....im a nurse bydway..thnks

anant_9sept

Star Member
Sep 11, 2014
Hi, I am writing this as this post looks to be last updated on 2011.

Today for 2014, my questions is same, on basis of Canada FSW PR visa can I work in Montreal, Quebec, OR is there any changes in Rules and Regulations.

How many days do I have to stay in other Province(say Toronto)?

Please assist me.

Thanks