+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working in canada

Geloof

Apr 23, 2014
I am a computer engineer graduate from my home country, also took 30 units under the Master of Science of Information Technology, and currently taking Electronics and Communications Engineering, my question is can i apply to any work related to my course(i preferred networking jobs) without work experience or should i go to school again for the so called UPGRADE? If i will go back to school is it back to zero? THANKS to those who will reply.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Geloof said:
I am a computer engineer graduate from my home country, also took 30 units under the Master of Science of Information Technology, and currently taking Electronics and Communications Engineering, my question is can i apply to any work related to my course(i preferred networking jobs) without work experience or should i go to school again for the so called UPGRADE? If i will go back to school is it back to zero? THANKS to those who will reply.
Ok if you want to work in Canada, you will have to first be offered a job and then your employer will have to spend some time, effort and money in order to apply for the new LMO. Once it is approved, you can apply for a work permit to come and work in Canada

If you want to go to school, then you will have to get admission to a school and apply for a Study Permit. Once, you finish school you will be given a Post Grauduate Work Permit (PGWP) to work temp work in Canada

Geloof

Apr 23, 2014
txboyscout said:
Ok if you want to work in Canada, you will have to first be offered a job and then your employer will have to spend some time, effort and money in order to apply for the new LMO. Once it is approved, you can apply for a work permit to come and work in Canada

If you want to go to school, then you will have to get admission to a school and apply for a Study Permit. Once, you finish school you will be given a Post Grauduate Work Permit (PGWP) to work temp work in Canada
oh sorry about not telling you, i will go there with PR status

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
Geloof said:
oh sorry about not telling you, i will go there with PR status
That is a big deal to leave out

It is very hard for new immigrants with foriegn credentials to get employment in Canada. You will have to gain "Canadian Experience" but working in a survival job (more than likely in an IT call centre, given your background)

It never hurts to get some Canadian education as well

Geloof

Apr 23, 2014
txboyscout said:
That is a big deal to leave out

It is very hard for new immigrants with foriegn credentials to get employment in Canada. You will have to gain "Canadian Experience" but working in a survival job (more than likely in an IT call centre, given your background)

It never hurts to get some Canadian education as well
i am planning to enroll in canada for the so called upgrade, what do you think about it?