+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday ECA ith WEs

GreyObserver

Dec 19, 2016
Hi, do I need to do an ECA of my university degrees if I want work in Canada during my 1 year Working Holiday Visa ? If so, should i chose the ''ECA Application for IRCC (For immigration purposes)'' or the ''Standard Online Application(For education, licensing, or employment purposes)'' options on the WES website?

Thank you for your help !

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Simple answer is no as there is no requirement to validate any education to get a working holiday permit and not even sure where you would have seen that requirement on any document checklist. All you need usually is to attach a CV in which you would list your qualifications and work experience but thats about it as no requirement to validate any education.

Its a working holiday / open work permit with no restrictions on what type of work you can do other than a few extra requirements such as having a medical for anything to do with schools or in a medical profession such as hospitals.

An ECA only required if you applying for PR or in some cases a study permit not a working holiday.