+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working as UBER Eats delivery during study

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hi,
I have urgent question, I have a study visa and currently in Toronto Ontario, I'm studying in a college, this is my first year of study.
My Question, is it legal to work as UBER Eats delivery during study, note that this job not by hour but by delivery, so for example if I deliver item I'll get paid if not no money. So I'm not aursis that ok or not because I know I should work only 20 hours a week.
Also, I know that in the end of the year I'll file my tax and I'll put my UBER Eats work as self employed income.

Please help me if you have any information about that because I already confused and afraid that will affect my visa renew next year, and my work permit after completing my studies.

Thank you, and apreciappr your help and support.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi,
I have urgent question, I have a study visa and currently in Toronto Ontario, I'm studying in a college, this is my first year of study.
My Question, is it legal to work as UBER Eats delivery during study, note that this job not by hour but by delivery, so for example if I deliver item I'll get paid if not no money. So I'm not aursis that ok or not because I know I should work only 20 hours a week.
Also, I know that in the end of the year I'll file my tax and I'll put my UBER Eats work as self employed income.

Please help me if you have any information about that because I already confused and afraid that will affect my visa renew next year, and my work permit after completing my studies.

You should keep track of your hours while driving and the time it takes you to complete a delivery. Surely there should be some sort of delivery sheets that lists the time it takes you to deliver etc.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi,

and to track your work hours you can use apps

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/3-apps-for-tracking-your-mileage/

Good Luck

tarikelmallah

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
You should keep track of your hours while driving and the time it takes you to complete a delivery. Surely there should be some sort of delivery sheets that lists the time it takes you to deliver etc.
Thank you, but there is no available report on the time I took everyday on delivery, should I log it myself. And why should I log it, is it possible that immigration will ask me about that when I try to renew my study Visa? Or just log it for tax purposes?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you, but there is no available report on the time I took everyday on delivery, should I log it myself. And why should I log it, is it possible that immigration will ask me about that when I try to renew my study Visa? Or just log it for tax purposes?
You need to log it yourself and you need to do it for the obvious reason of not violating the conditions of your study permit and working illegally.

Adnan_990

Star Member
Jan 10, 2024
Hi,

Hi tarik, how did it end up after all, did they give you hard time for the time you worked for ubereats ?