+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

justing315

Nov 12, 2013
Good day guys and gals,
I just want to inquire on getting a permit in Canada, because I took the online assessment exam, and it said I was eligible for Experienced Work Class.
But when I checked immigration website, it said I need work experience in Canada.

So here's the thing;
I have 2 years working experience, I'm planning on applying on 2015, so that will be 4 years experience.
I'm in IT, I have been a SAP practitioner for 2 years.
My uncle who is a permanent resident in Toronto is willing to sponsor me and I will be dependent on me.
I'm Filipino - I dont know if my nationality would impact anything

Please help me out. I'm already feeling lost and everytime I research on my eligibility I just get upset and lose hope even more.
Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time in viewing and/or answering my question.

Thanks and God bless guys

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
In order to apply for a temp work permit, you need a job offer from an employer based in Canada. The employer would first apply for an LMO on your behalf and if successful, would send you a copy of the LMO, which together with the job offer, you would use to apply for work permit at your local embassy.

Otherwise, you could apply for permanent immigration that is points based such as FSW's but takes a few years of processing.

Arguably fastest permanent immigration program is CEC (Canadian experience class) but it requires at least a year of full time work experience INSIDE Canada.

Hope that helps.

justing315

Nov 12, 2013
Sorry for the late reply, I just realized something. Is it possible I can go to Canada with a temporary resident visa or something related with that and work in Canada for a year to get my CEC?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
justing315 said:
Sorry for the late reply, I just realized something. Is it possible I can go to Canada with a temporary resident visa or something related with that and work in Canada for a year to get my CEC?
No, you cannot work on a trv. If caught that can get you depoted and banned for a certain period of time. So obviously being on a trv status, you cannot use illegal acquired experience towards a CEC. CEC only works for people who previously got a work permit of some sort (either through LMO and job offer OR Post graduate work permit which you get if you obtain a master's degree from Canada).

However, there are other immigration programs such as FSWs or PNP's. They take years to process but are the best option available to some one who wish to relocate to canada but does not have a job offer at hand nor Canadian experience.

vegasguy

Nov 16, 2013
Hello...I am an American citizen..Just got back from Ft. Mcmurray, Alberta...I really want to move there and get a job as a pipe insulator...I know for a fact, there are thousands of jobs available in the oil/gas industry..My question is how to obtain a work visa...According to the internet, you must get a job offer..However, When i was there, no company will give you an offer if you don't have a work visa....What can i do? I really want to move there and work full time...I've called several Canadian Embassies and only get a recorded message..I'm willing to go to the nearest one (Los Angeles), to speak to someone in person, but don't know if i need an appointment...Please help !

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vegasguy said:
Hello...I am an American citizen..Just got back from Ft. Mcmurray, Alberta...I really want to move there and get a job as a pipe insulator...I know for a fact, there are thousands of jobs available in the oil/gas industry..My question is how to obtain a work visa...According to the internet, you must get a job offer..However, When i was there, no company will give you an offer if you don't have a work visa....What can i do? I really want to move there and work full time...I've called several Canadian Embassies and only get a recorded message..I'm willing to go to the nearest one (Los Angeles), to speak to someone in person, but don't know if i need an appointment...Please help !
1. Their hours are here: http://can-am.gc.ca/los-angeles/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng
2. They are going to tell you that you need an employer who is will to apply for an approved LMO after advertising the position for 4 weeks on the job bank, plus the same for other media and then demonstrate that there are no PRs/Canadians qualified or available for the position. Takes about 12-16 weeks minimum after the advertising.
3. If you can't find an employer that is will to do that, then you are out of luck pretty well for a work permit.