+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work permit proceesing fee

orchifly

May 31, 2007
hello!

i would like to ask if its legal that thew work permit proceesing fee which is USD700 was not covered by the employer and it is obligatory on the part of the employee...need some clarification regarding that matter. Because currently im applying for a job in canada and the immigration lawyer of my employer told me that the work permit processing fee will not be covered and im the one who need to pay for that,the payment will be send thru western union address to the credit controller.

thanks...please i need a response as soon as possible..thank you once again..

orchifly

mc_mayonado

May 30, 2007
San Pedro, Laguna
$700 is too much. It depends in which country are you in. You can check out there website. www.cic.gc.ca. From what i know work permit processing fee is only CAD150.00. And upon the submission of your application you need to include a manager's check or money order on it. Cash or any forms of card is not accepted. Or yet contact the customer service center on your area. Hope this helps.

aima123

Jan 20, 2007
I think that is not safe orchifly, knowing that you need to send it thru western union. Try to consult it first in a Canadian Embassy or a lawyer to have it clear.