+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit - dependent spouse reply Please...

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi,

I am on work permit and i am getting married in july. My work permit expires in September. My PR application is in final stages (finished medicals) at buffallo. I need your advise on the follwoing scenario....

1) Could I bring my spouse on a dependent visa after marriage? but i will then have only two months left on my work permit validity.. Do you think visa officer will approve my spouse applicaation ?

2) Could I add spouse to my PR application (if a final decision of my PR is not made at that point of time).. ?

Thanks in advance for your time.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bramyah said:
Hi,

I am on work permit and i am getting married in july. My work permit expires in September. My PR application is in final stages (finished medicals) at buffallo. I need your advise on the follwoing scenario....

1) Could I bring my spouse on a dependent visa after marriage? but i will then have only two months left on my work permit validity.. Do you think visa officer will approve my spouse applicaation ?

2) Could I add spouse to my PR application (if a final decision of my PR is not made at that point of time).. ?

Thanks in advance for your time.....
If you are not "landed" by the time you marry, you HAVE to add your wife to your application, she has to complete and application and you have to amend your application. If you don't and land, you have committed misrepresentation and can be removed and you cannot sponsor your wife.

PMM

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
I will be here in canada and she will be in india.. so where do I need to send the amended application??? what are the required forms??

What if the visa office makes decison on my PR application on marriage day or after marriage day ?????

Please advise....

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Well, if they make decision after your marriage and before you inform them about your family status (marriage). You can just wait to land in by yourself. Once you have landed, sponsor your wife as spouse.
(just my opinion!)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

habib890 said:
Well, if they make decision after your marriage and before you inform them about your family status (marriage). You can just wait to land in by yourself. Once you have landed, sponsor your wife as spouse.
(just my opinion!)
Wrong Wrong Wrong. If he marries and his wife is not examined, then she is not a member of the family class and cannot be sponsored. Then he will be reported for misrepresentation. If he marries, and his application is being processed at Buffalo, then his updated application and her application must be sent to Buffalo. Then Buffalo will send the request for medical to her in India. If she passes, then there is going to be a real problem in getting her passport to Buffalo, as it is illegal to mail/courier passports in/out of India. If the OP was thinking he would wait until he receives his PR and "lands" then he can marry and sponsor his new wife.

PMM

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your legal suggestions... Really worth and valid statements...

I now decided to get married once I get my PR and land here in canada.

I have one final question..

Could I plan marry immediately (say with in one month) after landing as PR? or Should I wait for my PR card? How long it takes to receive PR card??

Please clarify..

Thanks,
Ram

bramyah

Star Member
Jan 26, 2007
Hi PMM,

would it be realistic If I plan marriage just one week after landing?? Please advise...

Rgds,