+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work experience missing in previous work permit application.

rvndrisngh540

Feb 3, 2024
I came to canada on closed work permit. My agent uploaded my gnm nursing (2014) , hotel management study from singapore (2018) and my recent work experience from 2020 to 2023. He forgot to upload my work experience from 2015 to 2017. He left this time span blank as he mentioned nothing in this time period. When I will lodge my pnp application, can I upload my 2015-2017 work experience in my file with any kind of explanation? Because there is nothing mentioned in my closed work permit application in that period. I hope it will not count as misrepresentation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I came to canada on closed work permit. My agent uploaded my gnm nursing (2014) , hotel management study from singapore (2018) and my recent work experience from 2020 to 2023. He forgot to upload my work experience from 2015 to 2017. He left this time span blank as he mentioned nothing in this time period. When I will lodge my pnp application, can I upload my 2015-2017 work experience in my file with any kind of explanation? Because there is nothing mentioned in my closed work permit application in that period. I hope it will not count as misrepresentation.
Some clients and their agents purposely leave out experience unrelated to or that would not be helpful to your application for WP or SP. You were responsible for the contents of your WP application so you can not blame your consultant. Yes this could count as misrepresentation. Assume you had nursing experience and want to count that. The fact that you have not worked as a nurse since 2017, that you likely left out your work as a nurse to appear as though you had never worked as a nurse and the fact that you have likely worked in other fields since 2017 may also lead to doubts about your commitment to return to work as a nurse or in the healthcare field.

rvndrisngh540

Feb 3, 2024
There are two things to see..
1. Adding information to the file which was not given before.(left blank in previous file)
2. Changing the information which was given before.
Do this both considered as a misrepresentation?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
There are two things to see..
1. Adding information to the file which was not given before.(left blank in previous file)
2. Changing the information which was given before.
Do this both considered as a misrepresentation?
If you provide correction and narration via IMM/webform prior to your application for pnp, shouldn't be a problem. Its one way to avoid any fairness letter.

rvndrisngh540

Feb 3, 2024
Can I do this now? I am here in Canada on LMIA work permit. Can I upload now a webform to ircc saying that I forgot to show my previous work experience? Will it affect my current status?