+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

work experience and job offer needs to match?

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys~

Does anybody can answer my question?
I want to know that if my work experience and the NOC code of my job offer has to be match. Like I am qualified as a federal skilled worker as a bookkeeper but my lmia is for retail supervisor which is completely irrelevant.

What do you guys think?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Isnt it something like you have only 2W license and you are driving a car?

BCdream

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
not requested
File Transfer...
waiting...
Med's Request
waiting...
Med's Done....
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
albertasun said:
Hi guys~

I want to know that if my work experience and the NOC code of my job offer has to be match. Like I am qualified as a federal skilled worker as a bookkeeper but my lmia is for retail supervisor which is completely irrelevant.

What do you guys think?
I actually was asking the same thing in a different thread.
If I base my answer on what I read on CIC website (and on my hope) the answer will be no and I explain why:

On CIC website they write, about FSW:

"We will only process your FSW application if you have:

at least one year of continuous and paid (full-time or an equal amount in part-time) work experience
in a single occupation,
within the last 10 years,
at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 edition of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)

AND
You have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations,

OR
You have a valid offer of arranged employment,

OR
You are an international student who is enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or who graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet these criteria.

No matter what category above you apply to, you must meet ALL the minimum requirements below."

If you read those statements they say that you "You have this work experience in one of the eligible occupations" OR

"You have a valid offer of arranged employment". If my interpretation is correct it means that your job offer can be different than your work experience as long as you have your work experience falling into a NOC 0,A,B.

I think that my explanation is reasonable, why not to write "you have a valid offer of arranged employment, in the noc in which you claim the work experience" if they mean that?

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
This is a valid question and I think the answer may well be yes. Reason being, if you are asked to select a NOC why would they not expect you to have have some recent experience in it?

There would be no point selecting a NOC then.

Probably someone else have a more definite answer.

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nads1 said:
This is a valid question and I think the answer may well be yes. Reason being, if you are asked to select a NOC why would they not expect you to have have some recent experience in it?

I know what you guys mean. Thanks for the answer.
I have experience of the NOC code(retail supercisor)as well but it's just not long enough to apply for the pr.

It's dilemma...

BCdream

Star Member
Oct 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
not requested
File Transfer...
waiting...
Med's Request
waiting...
Med's Done....
waiting...
Passport Req..
waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
waiting...
LANDED..........
already in Canada!
nads1 said:

That is a good point but, in case, why do not specify like they do 2 sentences before?
Considering the fact that the law is interpretation, in absence of a clear statement they can decide case by case, and they keep a backdoor open...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
albertasun said:
Hi guys~

What do you guys think?
If I remember right, BOOKKEEPER is not an occupation in NOC 0,A,B. And to apply to EE you MUST have a experience in one of occupations from there. Not the "name" of it BUT main duties of the occupation in NOC 0,A,B.

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regina said:
If I remember right, BOOKKEEPER is not an occupation in NOC 0,A,B. And to apply to EE you MUST have a experience in one of occupations from there. Not the "name" of it BUT main duties of the occupation in NOC 0,A,B.
You remember wrong. The NOC code for bookkeeper is 1231 which indicates it's skilled b since it's second digit is "2". And you know cec is for skilled worker only? Tons of people applied as a bookkeeper in cec that is why it was one of the 6 banned occupation last Nov.