+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Withdrawal of a Pr card application, re-apply with RO, and a Red flag....

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Hi All,

I try to make a long story short.

Today I'm still a Pr (no removal, no report).

I became PR in the 80's but I left the country (I was very young, under age, my father chose for me).

I came back(2012) with my wife (married many years ago) and my son (1.y.o) with the intention to live here forever.

I applied for a PR card explaining in a letter that I knew about the RO breaching but I was here to settle down.

After receiving a RQ I asked for a legal advice and they told me, to don't answer and to withdraw the application.
After several months the application withdrawal was accepted (in the letter was suggested to re apply after complying the RO).

Now I have the 2 years in the last five, but before applying I went to have my Member of Parliament office opinion, and If they could call to know if any report was issued that I wasn't aware of.

Basically I'm not been reported but I do have like a red flag, and the agent said the withdrawal was a mistake but depends on the officer that will work on my future case which he can scrutiny my case and possibly take away my status or just look at the last 5 years and give me the Pr Card.

The agent with the constituent assistant suggest me to include a letter saying why I withdrew the application and/or just explain that I want to settle down with all the good intention and attached as many letter of support I can get, from people in the community with I've establish relationship, i.e. Chairman of volunteer association that I've helped, principal of the daycare of my son, my cousin, my aunt and others.
After that, we inquired the agent if I should apply to sponsor my wife and my son because shortly their status will expire, and he said to wait until the Pr status is resolved if it will be.

I'm very anxious now, especially for my son's future.

Do anyone have some similar scenario, opinion, experiences and in case I'll lose my status, appealing is a good path or I will just throw away money?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards to all of you.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
They can only review the previous five years from today, or tomorrow or next week month year. Understand? As long as you are compliant with your ro today, tomorrow, next week, month or year you are in no danger of losing your pr.

You previous posts state that you are at or above the required number of days so regardless of your previous withdrawal you are fine to both apply for your pr renewal, if you haven't already, and also to sponsor your wife and son.

Joe2013

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Thanks for the reply Alurra,

Leon even linked the manual on the CIC website which it says clearly that before the previous 5 years on the date of the application is moot!!!

But why a CIC agent told my MP's office that depends on the Visa Officer that will review my case.
He said that I have a RED FLAG because on my previous application that I withdrew, in that one I didn't comply the RO (in that one I had only 40 days in the last 5 years).

99% I will receive a RQ, and declaring the previous 5 year, at that point if they look at my 1st application they will deduct that I previously applied without RO, and the agent said if I find an officer with a bad mood they can revoke my PR status.

Is there anyone with a similar experience, which had a RED Flag or even worse like a report?

Does anyone think that an Immigration lawyer consultation will worth? (One of the best in Toronto, Green and Spiegel asks for 275$).

Thanks in advance for anyone that could help.

Best,