+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife's IELTS is delayed. Should we wait?

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
Hello everyone.

My husband is the main applicant for NB Provincial Nomination. We planned to apply after our IELTS results are ready. The problem is, when we tried to book our exams, my husband managed to have a date, but when he tried to book my test, it said there were no more places. We were wondering, can we apply without my IELTS and then just submit my results later? It would be a shame to waste the whole month waiting, because of this delay.

Thank you.

think0911

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
LilyC said:
Hello everyone.

My husband is the main applicant for NB Provincial Nomination. We planned to apply after our IELTS results are ready. The problem is, when we tried to book our exams, my husband managed to have a date, but when he tried to book my test, it said there were no more places. We were wondering, can we apply without my IELTS and then just submit my results later? It would be a shame to waste the whole month waiting, because of this delay.

Thank you.
What do U mean by planning to NB province?
It's open for only those people who has attended info session or they are connected to that province
If u r eligible to apply then yes your ielts doesn't matter as long as u r dependent

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
think0911 said:
What do U mean by planning to NB province?
It's open for only those people who has attended info session or they are connected to that province
If u r eligible to apply then yes your ielts doesn't matter as long as u r dependent
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, we've been to info session. We need my results though, because otherwise we won't have enough points :(

So we were wondering, if it'sd ok to submit all documents and later send my IELTS results. Has anybody done that before? :)

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say wait for the results. Assuming NB is continuously accepting nominations and there is no limit on quota. So if you can apply anytime you want I would say wait for the results. It only takes 2 weeks for the results to get declared if I am not mistaken. and for the nor being able to get a seat in your proffered center, I would suggest you try to apply in a different center where you can get an early date of examination and you can manage to take the exam in that city.

LilyC

Apr 5, 2015
ashpkgo70 said:
I would say wait for the results. Assuming NB is continuously accepting nominations and there is no limit on quota. So if you can apply anytime you want I would say wait for the results. It only takes 2 weeks for the results to get declared if I am not mistaken. and for the nor being able to get a seat in your proffered center, I would suggest you try to apply in a different center where you can get an early date of examination and you can manage to take the exam in that city.
Thank you, I think we will take your advice. ;)