+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife is a few weeks pregnant and we had upfront medicals done without X-ray. What will happen?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Do we have to wait to get PR (considering rest all docs are accepted) until she delivers? Please tell the procedure involved?
Yes, you will have to wait until after the birth if your choose not to have the Xray while pregnant.

If the child is being born outside Canada, s/he will need to be added to the app. You will need to obtain all of the child's documents, so depending on how long that takes, it will most likely be a few months after the birth before the app is completed.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Yes, you will have to wait until after the birth if your choose not to have the Xray while pregnant.

If the child is being born outside Canada, s/he will need to be added to the app. You will need to obtain all of the child's documents, so depending on how long that takes, it will most likely be a few months after the birth before the app is completed.
Since I am the primary applicant and not my wife, will only hers be put on hold or the both of us?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Since I am the primary applicant and not my wife, will only hers be put on hold or the both of us?
There is no "your app" and "her app". There is only one application and it will be put on hold. You cannot be approved until your family members are also approved.

Boynextdoor369

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Your application will be put on hold until she is able to submit the X-ray, essentially.
Can we submit the rest of th docs and basically just wait for her to do the X-ray? Will the CIC at least inform us that the application has been accepted or not conditional upon receiving my wife's medicals?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can we submit the rest of th docs and basically just wait for her to do the X-ray? Will the CIC at least inform us that the application has been accepted or not conditional upon receiving my wife's medicals?
Yes, you can submit everything else.

No, IRCC will not give you any sort of conditional approval.