+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Widower

mani27

May 17, 2013
Dear Friend,

I am a widower. My wife died by committing suicide. FSWC requires marriage certificate. I dont have it, however I do have the death certificate, which mentions the reason of death as Un-natural. And mode of communication as FIR (as police had to be informed of the suicide). This was 10 years back.

Now I am re-married. It has been 6 years. Should I mention my previous marriage details in the Application Form? My concern is that I dont have the marriage ceritificate and the death certificate mentions "FIR" and cause "unnatural". I have got the Police Verification done.

Can Canada immigration, have a problem with such a death certificate. OR the fact that Police Verification is clear and that I am remarried for 6 years now, should be fine with the immigration authorites.

Please help... Withoug your guidance, I am unable to take a decision.

kvedv

Star Member
May 14, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Sent with the documents
Hello Friend,

I am not an expert but I would recommend you to not to hide any information from CIC. Just provide them whatever information you have, if they require anything they will surely ask for it.

KvedV

jotgrewal

Jan 8, 2011
Canada
mani27 said:
Dear Friend,

I am a widower. My wife died by committing suicide. FSWC requires marriage certificate. I dont have it, however I do have the death certificate, which mentions the reason of death as Un-natural. And mode of communication as FIR (as police had to be informed of the suicide). This was 10 years back.

Now I am re-married. It has been 6 years. Should I mention my previous marriage details in the Application Form? My concern is that I dont have the marriage ceritificate and the death certificate mentions "FIR" and cause "unnatural". I have got the Police Verification done.

Can Canada immigration, have a problem with such a death certificate. OR the fact that Police Verification is clear and that I am remarried for 6 years now, should be fine with the immigration authorites.

Please help... Withoug your guidance, I am unable to take a decision.
Dont hide anything from CIC, mention your previous marriage and you can send a cover note stating that you dont have old marriage certificate but the death certificate is attached and for your current marriage send all docs.

Such death certificate should not be a problem for CIC, as even if the death was unnatural and mode=FIR, but it doesnt say that you are criminal or have any case pending against you. ( I am assuming that you have nothing to do with her death, as CIC might for for verification in such cases).

A. Khan

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Try to provide them all information, even if you do not have all documents. Because, if you hide it & later somehow CIC gets access to this information, you will be told that you hid information & they might even revoke you immigration/citizenship, if you become an immigrant/citizen year later from today.

I know an incident, where an enemy of a person "A" somehow got information that Mr "A" had hidden information from CIC. But, Mr "A" was already a Canadian citizen at that time. That enemy informed CIC that Mr "A" received his immigration through fraudulent/hiding information. CIC then performed an investigation, even though Mr "A" was a Canadian citizen at that time. Finally, Mr "A" 's Canadian citizenship was taken away from him & he was deported back to his country of birth.

Now, what I want to tell you is that: If you hide anything. DO NOT TELL IT TO ANYBODY. NOT EVEN TO YOUR CURRENT HUSBAND. Who knows, 10-15 years from today, if someone wants revenge from you (any enemy of your's or your husband). That person can just inform CIC that you received immigration fraudulently/hiding-information. Canadian Government will then deported you /back to your country of birth.

My point is: You can hide information from CIC. But, NEVER MENTION IT TO ANYBODY THAT YOU HID INFORMATION FROM CIC.

mani27

May 17, 2013
Dear Jotgrewal/ Khan/ KvedV,

Thank you so much for your valuable suggestions. To give further details of this particular situation.... While I was completely innocent, but my in-laws pressed charges against me. There was a legal case, which I won. However the way it happens in India, no case really ever dies and keeps pending in the courts for ages....The inlaws went for an appeal in a higher court...however I have not recieved any summon from the court since the last 10 years. (This is basis my understanding.. I am not 100% sure if they have actually gone for an appeal or if there is still any case pending against me)

I was doubtful that the police verification, might come negative, since there is probably a case pending, but that also has come positive.

Considering the above, can CIC deny PR to me just becase the death certificate says FIR and death un-natural even if police verification is fine.. Do they initiate separate enquiry...

One last point- I am not the principal applicant. My wife is the principal applicant.

Please guide.