+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

While preparing for PR application I realized that I have omitted the fact that I had applied for a TRV in my PGWP form (imm5710e)

sdg1508

Dec 18, 2023
Hi everyone,
I moved to Canada in 2019 in order to do my masters'. I am on my PGWP which is valid till 2025 November and I am planning to apply for my PR next year in February/March. I have made several applications to IRCC before (all approved) and they are: -
1)Apply for a study permit from outside Canada
2)Getting my study permit amended to include the clause that I can work 20 hours a week as a student
3)Extending my study permit
4)Applying for a TRV so that I can leave and enter Canada (as my first study permit had expired)
5)Applying for my PGWP

All applications were approved. Now, I was just looking at my PGWP application which I had sent to IRCC and I realized that I have omitted the fact that I have applied for TRV in Question 2 of the Background Information section where it asks if I have previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. I have mentioned that I applied for a study permit, amended my study permit and extended my study permit. However, I realized that I forgot to include that I had also applied for a TRV.

So my question is, will this jeopardize my PR application? When I am filling up the forms for my PR application I will make sure that I will add the fact that I had applied for my TRV and will also explain this in my Letter of Explanation.

Any guidance or information will be very helpful.

Thank you!