+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which one to choose-just for an idea.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi Sir/ Madam - I am into the IT industry. If we have/ get both a contractor(temporary) and full time(permanent) offer in hand, which is better to opt for ? On what basis ?

kindly advise. thank you. bye, Geo

Roshmi

Nov 29, 2012
Hi George,

Can you share the process of finding two job offers with us? I guess you should go for the permanent post.

GeorgeJoseph

Jul 22, 2009
Hi There (Roshmi) - I didn't had two offers in hand. I had two interview calls, one for a contract position and the other one for a permanent position. Both of them had a different job description and so the preparation should be different for each. So, I decided to prepare full-fledgedly for the permanent position and got that offer as well now. But, the salary is just 64 k/ year. Not sure, if it is a reasonable salary for an IT guy with 12+ years of experience (with Cognizant back in india, earning 13 lakhs per annum) and will be able to run a middle class life.

The contract job was with a tag of 83 k/ year and for a 1 year contract. I was not interested (as many people advised not to go for contract job) and didn't do well. Obviously, didn't get any call from them after that.

that is the story,

bye.. Geo

Iay

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2, 2017
AOR Received.
2017/02/10 In-process 2017/02/16 Test 2017/03/22 DM 2017/03/23
GeorgeJoseph said:
Hi There (Roshmi) - I didn't had two offers in hand. I had two interview calls, one for a contract position and the other one for a permanent position. Both of them had a different job description and so the preparation should be different for each. So, I decided to prepare full-fledgedly for the permanent position and got that offer as well now. But, the salary is just 64 k/ year. Not sure, if it is a reasonable salary for an IT guy with 12+ years of experience (with Cognizant back in india, earning 13 lakhs per annum) and will be able to run a middle class life.

The contract job was with a tag of 83 k/ year and for a 1 year contract. I was not interested (as many people advised not to go for contract job) and didn't do well. Obviously, didn't get any call from them after that.

that is the story,

bye.. Geo
Double thinking for 64K/year?? Man, get that job for sure!!
I'd rather not risk on the contract job since you can't be for sure what happens after a year.

Hasher

Apr 2, 2010
Good thing is you are getting Job, take whichever comes first. Contract jobs are also not bad as you r paying less tax on that. I have seen people laidoff from permenant jobs.