+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is better - British Subject or American Citizen

SandyUSA

Apr 16, 2008
I am an American Citizen married with 3 children (all USA citizens). My Mom is from Scotland (she is an American Citizen too). I have been on a forum for immigrating to Scotland and from what I understand my Mom and I (and possibly my children) are entitled to duel citizenship (us/british).

Would this give us a better chance of getting in to Canada or not really.

This is just one of my many ideas of how to make this whole possible move to Canada smoother than it might be. We are probably better off going through the Skilled Worker category but I wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were on this.

Any advise appreciated.

As always, thank you.

Sandy

don't take my word on this but, because Scotland is an Commonwealth country, your plan may work.

this probably didn't help you much, but I had a friend get a visa in Australia; and he said it was reletively painless because Oz is Commonwealth country.

Graeme

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Graeme said:
don't take my word on this but, because Scotland is an Commonwealth country, your plan may work.

this probably didn't help you much, but I had a friend get a visa in Australia; and he said it was reletively painless because Oz is Commonwealth country.

Graeme
Citizenship makes absolutely no difference to the processing.

PMM