+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to get an open work permit application form

thadshp

Oct 13, 2010
Hi everyone,
I have applied for an in-canada class application for permanent residence as my husband is a canadian and my application is being processed. I would like to send an open work permit application form and I dont know where to get an application form from. It has to be the open work permit and I am done searching for it.
Can anyone help please!!!

Thanks

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
You should have sent the OWP application with your spousal application package.

As you didn't, you cannot now send it and must wait until you get your Approval in Principle letter. Once you get that letter (usually takes about 8months) you can then apply online for a OWP '

All this information is available on the CIC website. Look for 'extending your status' section.

(Sorry I am useless at posting links)

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
There is no specific "open" work permit application form. You use the generic work permit form, here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You can send the application in separately from the PR application and before AIP, however you have to be very, very clear about what your request is. You need to specify that you want the open work permit application to matched up with your inland PR application, and be set aside and NOT processed until AFTER approval in principle is granted.

You should only do this if you already know your client ID number, e.g. from a previous work permit. Without that, they are going to have a hard time matching up the OWP application with the PR application.

It's probably worth writing something like "Open Work Permit Application - please match up with inland PR application and set aside until AIP" right on the front of the work permit application.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
matthewc said:
There is no specific "open" work permit application form. You use the generic work permit form, here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

You can send the application in separately from the PR application and before AIP, however you have to be very, very clear about what your request is. You need to specify that you want the open work permit application to matched up with your inland PR application, and be set aside and NOT processed until AFTER approval in principle is granted.

You should only do this if you already know your client ID number, e.g. from a previous work permit. Without that, they are going to have a hard time matching up the OWP application with the PR application.

It's probably worth writing something like "Open Work Permit Application - please match up with inland PR application and set aside until AIP" right on the front of the work permit application.

Would that work?? and that is interesting.

From everything I have read, no one has ever got an OWP at AIP, if it was not sent with the original application.

So I am very interested in hearing from anyone that did manage to achieve this. This could be some very, very good advice, if so, as many people do not realize then can send or indeed need to send the OWP at first.

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
hi guyz! can you please give me an info how to apply for OWP my husband is in canada as a foreign skilled worker since 2009 we are already nominated by New Brunswick under Provincial nominee program and application for PR was already submitted to Buffalo last july 1st but until now we haven't receive AOR/MR. Im here in the Philippines I don't know the procedure or what will be the best thing to come to Canada, to be with my husband while waiting for PR application can you please help me any suggestion? thanks in advance... godbless

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ondang2 said:
hi guyz! can you please give me an info how to apply for OWP my husband is in canada as a foreign skilled worker since 2009 we are already nominated by New Brunswick under Provincial nominee program and application for PR was already submitted to Buffalo last july 1st but until now we haven't receive AOR/MR. Im here in the Philippines I don't know the procedure or what will be the best thing to come to Canada, to be with my husband while waiting for PR application can you please help me any suggestion? thanks in advance... godbless
You would have to apply in Manila for a TRV with proof of your spouses employment in Canada and proof that you have been nominated for PNP by New Bruinswick. There is no guarantee that it will be issued. See: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/visiting-visiter.aspx?lang=eng