+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to apply?

aleval

Aug 12, 2006
Hi, I'm a Russian citizen currently working in the US. Where should I apply for Canadian permanent residency? Thanks in advance!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aleval said:
Hi, I'm a Russian citizen currently working in the US. Where should I apply for Canadian permanent residency? Thanks in advance!
If you were admitted to the US for 1 year then you can apply either at Buffalo or Moscow. Note as the processing times are nearing 3 years, if you are not going to be in the US that long, and a interview is required you will need a US visitor visa to return and they dont usually issue them for Immigration interviews.

PMM

aleval

Aug 12, 2006
thanks! I will be in the US for two years from now. Is it still worth trying to apply at Buffalo and hope that the interview won't be necessary? (and later continue the process from outside US). Is there any way to speed up the process? thanks in advance!

"
Note as the processing times are nearing 3 years, if you are not going to be in the US that long, and a interview is required you will need a US visitor visa to return and they dont usually issue them for Immigration interviews.

PMM
[/quote]

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

aleval said:
thanks! I will be in the US for two years from now. Is it still worth trying to apply at Buffalo and hope that the interview won't be necessary? (and later continue the process from outside US). Is there any way to speed up the process? thanks in advance!

"
Note as the processing times are nearing 3 years, if you are not going to be in the US that long, and a interview is required you will need a US visitor visa to return and they dont usually issue them for Immigration interviews.

PMM
[/quote]

It cannot be sped up unless you have an AEO approved by HRSDC for a Canadian employer. You can try, but if you require an interview, and don't get a US visa, then it is all for not.

PMM