+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to do next, renewal denied.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinapeach said:
Yeah i not leaving my kids behind.. that isn't an option. I kinda like raising them and having them around. All i ever wanted to do was be a mom

Hopefully he'll get his 10 year US Visa approved.. We'll try to cross, if it doesn't work then i guess maybe re apply PR. Wonder there is a way for him to Apply PR from US as being in CAnada? Only 40 days for PR if in Canada.. I guess there would be no way around it 8-9 months from China.
Its a no brainer wanting to be with your kids...why have them then pass them on to the care of some guardian while you are in another country?

The 40 days timeline you mention refers to the time CIC make an assessment of the sponsor ie. checks you are eligible such as not being on welfare etc. There is second stage depending on if the application is inland (processed in Canada) or outland (processed at a visa post). Outland is better for Beijing as processing times are relatively short. Inland sponsorship can easily take 18 months.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Its a no brainer wanting to be with your kids...why have them then pass them on to the care of some guardian while you are in another country?
No, it should be "Its a no brainer wanting to be with the kids and husband .... why have your husband living alone while you and the kids are in another country? "

If guardian is not appropriate, how about the father? I guess most dads love to spend a longer time with his children.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
No, it should be "Its a no brainer wanting to be with the kids and husband .... why have your husband living alone while you and the kids are in another country? "

If guardian is not appropriate, how about the father? I guess most dads love to spend a longer time with his children.
Oh really? Seems to me the OP decided with her husband that its best if they can't be together for one of them to be with the kids and not hand them over to some 'non parental' guardian...now that's a no brainer!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
Oh really? Seems to me the OP decided with her husband that its best if they can't be together for one of them to be with the kids and not hand them over to some 'non parental' guardian...now that's a no brainer!!
BTW, the OP also said they pretty much divorce if they could not see each other again ... that's a no brainer!!!

Hopefully, your husband can get his US visa. When is his interview?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
BTW, the OP also said they pretty much divorce if they could not see each other again ... that's a no brainer!!!
Wow I wonder how many times we can go down the 'no brainer' route..hey who has the most 'no brainers' in their commentary...anyway I haven't really got the time for this so as always realize its best to stick to the initial issue and that's for the OP to take whatever action she deems appropriate to her circumstances.

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
steaky said:
You are still your kids' mother regardless whether you live with them together or live separately.

My wife lives with me in Canada, but my mother-in-law lives in China. My wife is always my mother-in-law's daughter. This relationship never change.
My kids are 13 2 and 3 years old.. I can't leave my 2 and 3 year old without their mom.. thats nuts!

Anyways.. He did get his US visa..so we'll try to cross.. i have a bad feeling though

I love my husband.. it would be great if we could live together but this is the reality.. What the difference between what we are doing or what any other business man does?
I get my mans attention for 2-3 months and then lose it for 2-3 months.. instead of him living in canada and doing buisness and only ever see him come and go everyday.

It's not ideal but it's teh way it is right now. It's the way our relationship alwys has been

Chinapeach

Dec 20, 2012
Msafiri said:

The 40 days timeline you mention refers to the time CIC make an assessment of the sponsor ie. checks you are eligible such as not being on welfare etc. There is second stage depending on if the application is inland (processed in Canada) or outland (processed at a visa post). Outland is better for Beijing as processing times are relatively short. Inland sponsorship can easily take 18 months.
I just checked.. husband told me 40 days.. i looked and yea.. better to go through China.

Just his does business cannot give up his passport for 1 year, i don't know what he will do.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinapeach said:
Anyways.. He did get his US visa..so we'll try to cross.. i have a bad feeling though
See! I told ya there is no red tape on getting the US visa and he don't need to wait for three months. Your kids can spend some time kung hei fat choy with their daddy.

I seen lots of differences. I would let you do the leg work. Search this forum, there are lots of examples. Why you get your husband's attention for 2-3 months and then lose it for another 2-3months? Nevermind, I don't want to be too nosy.... :D

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chinapeach said:
My kids are 13 2 and 3 years old.. I can't leave my 2 and 3 year old without their mom.. thats nuts!....
Couldn't have said it better myself...some people just don't seem to get this!!

Chinapeach said:
I just checked.. husband told me 40 days.. i looked and yea.. better to go through China.

Just his does business cannot give up his passport for 1 year, i don't know what he will do.
Congrats on the US visa. Why would he be giving up his passport for a year? He keeps it until the visa post asks for it so they can endorse the immigrant visa.