+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what to carry to canada

cyt0plas

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
matojo said:
hello everyone,i and my family would b relocating to canada from Nigeria by nextweek,pls who knows if dried fish,cray fish,ogbona,beans,semo,garri is allowed to travel with.
If it lives, or was once alive, you should not bring it. Customs will likely make you throw it away.

When you go through customs, be honest. Fill out the forms exactly as they say - if you have fruits (you shouldn't), check the box. If you have meat (you shouldn't), check the box. Lying can get you fined, and is an offence. If you declare it, and it's not allowed (other than things like illegal drugs), they simply dispose of it and there is no penalty.

matojo

Aug 18, 2015
Ok guys,finally in canada/Edmonton,I carried food along with no disturbance at all,I wish I carry more(lol),our flight was 6:30 am,I guess d immigration officer was tired,dt was why dey didn't disturb us. Dey requested 4tip nd hubby gave dem token dt was in Nigeria,on getting to Canada dey didn't check our luggage at all.thanks to God for journey mercy

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
matojo said:
Ok guys,finally in canada/Edmonton,I carried food along with no disturbance at all,I wish I carry more(lol),our flight was 6:30 am,I guess d immigration officer was tired,dt was why dey didn't disturb us. Dey requested 4tip nd hubby gave dem token dt was in Nigeria,on getting to Canada dey didn't check our luggage at all.thanks to God for journey mercy
So you were lucky if carrying food that was undeclared could have carried a fine and anyway Canada has plenty of food available if you know where to look from many ethnic origins is not all Macdonalds or Tim Hortons..

matojo

Aug 18, 2015
Oh yeah we actually declare it and no issue with,we brought dried fish,cray fish,beans,peper etc.