+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if a person already working on LMIA job???

BCworker

Star Member
Dec 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am working as a drywall installer (NOC 7284)(LMIA job) from sept 2014. My employer already had a empty LMIA and he filled it with my name and hrsdc approved it under my name and I got 2 years work permit based on my company in sept 2014.
Does that mean I will get 600 points in EE?? plz help

kvn

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Regina said:
You will need to get a new one for EE purposes.
I believe wrong on this one:

5. Can an employer who currently employs a temporary foreign worker (TFW) use Express Entry to support their application for permanent residence?

Yes. As long as the TFW is in Canada working under a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), you can offer them a permanent job to support their application for permanent residence. Your TFW would have to create an Express Entry profile and include their job offer information. A job offer supported by an LMIA will give a candidate enough additional points and be ranked high enough to be invited to apply at the next eligible draw of candidates.

source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-12-01.asp#15

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
BCworker said:
I am working as a drywall installer (NOC 7284)(LMIA job) from sept 2014. My employer already had a empty LMIA and he filled it with my name and hrsdc approved it under my name and I got 2 years work permit based on my company in sept 2014.
Does that mean I will get 600 points in EE?? plz help
Yes you can use your existing LMIA number to qualify for FSTP/FSWP.